Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the process of finally dropping my car and I was going to pick up the Eibach Prokits for a nice 1 inch drop and maybe go with some KYB adjustable shocks. I have done alot of searches and that seems to be a good combo. But then I ran into somebody that has Tanabe Springs that give him a 1 inch drop in the rear and 1.5 inch in the front. I wanted to get some opinions on the Tanabe springs and if I should just go with the Prokit. I am looking more for a comfort ride. Thanks.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I've also been researching these 2 springs. What I've been reading is the Prokits are a little better in the turns being a progressive spring rate, and the NF210 from Tanabe being most like the factory ride with a tasteful drop. I myself am leaning towards the Tanabe's just because I use the IS as the family car right now so I dont want the stiffer ride of some springs.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
lexus picked the prokit for the L-tuned model for a reason...

they ride pretty much like stock when i have my koni's softened up and the progressive wind is nice when i load the car full of stuff.

·
13,727 Posts
I have the prokits and love them, but like everyone else I wish it sat a little lower. Its nice to not have to worry about bottoming out or excessive tire wear, but it only drops you an inch. Keep that in mind grasshopper.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys as always thanks for the help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts