Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the above suspension and it seems (at least visually) the rear camber is off. It seems the top of the wheels are closer than the bottom (negative camber). Has anyone experienced this with this combo? I am going to try to get in for an alignment this weekend. Its too bad I have to drive 50 miles a day to work with it off this bad :0|

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
When you lower your car, it increases camber.

The lower your car, the more camber you will experience.

Go get an alignment.

·
Registered
785 Posts
^ Agree with Mel.

Just for reference I have this exact same setup on my car. It was factory setup I believe for either the SD or L-tuned or it was just something the previous owner had done before Lexus took it back. I have no rear camber issues thus you shouldnt have a problem either.

-Joe

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I installed the above suspension and it seems (at least visually) the rear camber is off. It seems the top of the wheels are closer than the bottom (negative camber). Has anyone experienced this with this combo? I am going to try to get in for an alignment this weekend. Its too bad I have to drive 50 miles a day to work with it off this bad :0|

Sounds like you DIYed it? If so you should have noticed the camber plates. If you reinstalled them right you should be able to turn them and see how the wheel goes from negative camber to even more negative camber.

Max the plate out so that you have the least amount of negative camber and this will put you at around -1.4 degrees which is at the limit of the OEM spec....in other words you can drive around and let the springs settle without worrying as much...but a proper alignment is obviously what you need.

I actually put in some illuminas on my prokits a few months back and then got new tires a 1000 miles ago but have not had the time to get an alignment...I see no irregular wear and the car drives perfectly straight...but I too need to get a proper alignment.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
You should be fine with this set up after an alignment. The prokits were the springs used for the Ltuned IS300.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Depending how much you lower your car depends on how close you can get the camber to reduce premature tire wear. The more you lower it, the further negative your camber is going to be. Mine is about -1.5 degrees all the way around. I'm willing to sacrifice some tire wear for the improved handling. The inner edges of the tires are pretty worn along with the rest of the tire (I am guessing from what the previous owner told me......15-20K miles on Nitto's) so that camber is not too hard on them for how bad it sounds. Also depending on wheel/tire size and amount lowered, you may have to keep the camber negative to prevent the tire from contacting the fenders.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like you DIYed it?
I did.

...proper alignment.
This was the case. I had all four corners aligned and the shops said they were just able to get it in the -1.4 OEM spec.

The only reason why I asked about this was because I have read some people here did not see the results I was getting.

Thanks for the feedback. Greatly appreciated as always.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts