Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the above suspension in my car last weekend and I just had it aligned today. Its definitely a night and day difference from stock and I am extremely happy with the results. Here are the before and after pictures if anyone is interested. Wheel well gap pictures taken from driver side.

Whole Car
Before:

After:

Wheel Gaps

Front - Before

Front - After

Rear - Before

Rear - After

Reactions: chrisridebike8

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
How is the ride now? I'm thinking about this setup. Where did you get them from and for how much?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
looks good. sometimes i wish i went with the stiffer H&Rs though.

·
Registered
594 Posts
very nice, i like those stocks on the onyx

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice! I am sure you can tell a difference with the handling already.
Looks good. I just switched to prokits and I love them!
I do its pretty great. Very little float and the lean in hard turns is WAY less.

How is the ride now? I'm thinking about this setup. Where did you get them from and for how much?
The ride is pretty great. I have the shocks all set to 5 right now and the ride is still pretty good. You definitely feel the road a lot better. I purchased them from TM Engineering. The price was right, but TM Engineering's reputation is sketchy. I ordered from them but communication was not so hot. Shipped to my house it cost ~$750. I installed them myself so that just cost me a half Saturday.

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact same setup, i installed it myself too but now i have the abs and trac light on do you have the same problem?

·
Registered
969 Posts
looks great brother very nice

·
Registered
164 Posts
hey thats the exact kit i wanna get for my 01 but i dont know if its just the pics but is the car sitting even all around or does it still have that IS look where the drop in the front is lower than the back?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Exact same setup I am looking at, thanks for the reference. You know you have the after for the rear posted twice and nothing for the front after pic.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I do its pretty great. Very little float and the lean in hard turns is WAY less.

The ride is pretty great. I have the shocks all set to 5 right now and the ride is still pretty good. You definitely feel the road a lot better. I purchased them from TM Engineering. The price was right, but TM Engineering's reputation is sketchy. I ordered from them but communication was not so hot. Shipped to my house it cost ~$750. I installed them myself so that just cost me a half Saturday.

Thanks for the replies!
How does the ride feel at setting 1?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
How many miles are the Tokico Illumina's usually good for? Am I correct in thinking they cannot be rebuilt?

·
Registered
13 Posts
yeah i've had the same set up for a year now. The handling is great but it does bother me a little that there is still a 2-3 finger gap in the front and only 0-1 finger gap in the back... and this is with 18's. It looks the same for yours.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts