Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to be getting some new suspension soon, I'm going to go with Eibach not sure if I want the sportlines or pro kit with either the Tokico HP Or the Tokico Illumina.

I don't know if I should go with pro kit or sportline.. i want to keep the ride quality the same as stock and i want to try to eliminate the wheel gap, not completely but enough to be noticeable.

I'm not sure as far as what to get for the shocks, or which one I should go with. Or which model of those shocks are better suited for Eibach Pro Kits. I see that theres a significant price difference of one being close to $200 cheaper for the set. I also don't want to get the Koni Shocks there too expensive for my blood.

Now I dotn see myself adjsuting the shocks so I may be better off with the HP's but would teh Eibach sportlines go good with the HP's. I didnt really see anytihng on here with that combination, most people went with the pro kit but i want a little bit more of a drop, if that combo will work would i need camber kit for the sportlines with tokico hps?

I figure ill save my stocks shocks and springs (since they only have 14k miles on them) instead of screwing them up. Mind as well do it all right the first time instead of having to take the suspension out again to replace the shocks, then spend more money to get it aligned.

Some advice would be great

Thanks Alot
Steve

·
13,727 Posts
Get the prokits. I just installed mine and I love them. The ride is as close to stock as you are going to get. Anything else and you will have to purchase a camber kit to keep your alignment. Prokits keep you alignment within factory specs without needing anything else. I picked up OEM KYB GR2's off ebay to replace my shocks and could'nt be happier. I figured if I went with OEM shocks my ride would still be good. I did a lot of research before making my decison and thanks to helpful members here I made the right one.

The eibach sportline drops you down lower, but then you get into the typical issues associated with low drops such as tire wear issues, alignment out of spec, scrapping and bottoming out, bouncy harsh ride, and etc. Some people complain that the 1" drop from the prokits is not enough, but you can definately tell its lower than stock. As its been said before, the IS should have come stock with the prokits. Good luck with whatever you choose!

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
I had that exact set-up (ProKit with Illuminas). For a few extra $$, you can adjust your setting... definitely worth it!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get the prokits. I just installed mine and I love them. The ride is as close to stock as you are going to get. Anything else and you will have to purchase a camber kit to keep your alignment. Prokits keep you alignment within factory specs without needing anything else. I picked up OEM KYB GR2's off ebay to replace my shocks and could'nt be happier. I figured if I went with OEM shocks my ride would still be good. I did a lot of research before making my decison and thanks to helpful members here I made the right one.

The eibach sportline drops you down lower, but then you get into the typical issues associated with low drops such as tire wear issues, alignment out of spec, scrapping and bottoming out, bouncy harsh ride, and etc. Some people complain that the 1" drop from the prokits is not enough, but you can definately tell its lower than stock. As its been said before, the IS should have come stock with the prokits. Good luck with whatever you choose!
thanks for the reponse do you have any pics of your setup?

How many finger gap do you have?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm also in CT, have an '02 MSM, AND am contemplating a new spring/shock combo. I currently have the stock suspension setup with the stock 17s. When switching from the snows, I noticed the front right shock is blown. I'm now at 115k, so it's time for all around upgrade.

I've had a Pro-Kit/Koni set up on my Acura Legend and loved it. However, I had problems with allignment and premature tire ware. I'm happy to hear from anfro that we shouldn't have those problems with that with the Pro-Kit drop. Plus, I'd like to keep the new F1 GS-D3s in good shape.

I'm leaning towards the Pro-Kit/Tokico HP setup.

Did you do your upgrade yet? and have you found the best price?

·
13,727 Posts
thanks for the reponse do you have any pics of your setup?

How many finger gap do you have?
I havent checked the finger gap, I know the rear would be a couple. Here is a thread that I started with pics of my car, and like I said earlier I have the prokits with KYB's. This gives you a pretty good idea of how it would look. I can always take more pics from around the wheels if you guys want.

http://my.is/forums/f90/some-pics-yes-pics-356618/

·
Registered
165 Posts
I havent checked the finger gap, I know the rear would be a couple. Here is a thread that I started with pics of my car, and like I said earlier I have the prokits with KYB's. This gives you a pretty good idea of how it would look. I can always take more pics from around the wheels if you guys want.

http://my.is/forums/f90/some-pics-yes-pics-356618/

Nice clean IS! Did you notice any additional drop when you moved from the KYBs to the Illuminas? I don't imagine there would be but just curious.

·
13,727 Posts
^^^^No, the KYB's do not lower it anymore. The only shocks I know that lower your car are the Koni Yellow's, they have two perch settings that allow you to drop another half inch. And thanks!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just wanted to update the best prices i've found for the HP/ProKit setup:

ProKit at autosportparts.com - $240.99 shipped
Tokico HP on ebay - $269.99 shipped

·
13,727 Posts
Ebay is not bad, just look for good feedback and use paypal. Make sure you have it shipped to your confirmed address and paypal will take care of it if anything goes wrong.

·
Registered
165 Posts
$329 for HPs on that site when I can get them for $270 from a reputable seller on ebay? I dunno. Afterall, we are in a depression, I don't have any Wal-Mart stock, I didn't buy a few ounces of gold anytime last year and filling up is a ripoff.

Shox's price is okay tho, but i'm still saving a few bucks at autosportparts.com :popcorn:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts