Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember hearing that eibach will depplete the shocks by around 5k miles... anyone know how much hotchkis would most likely wear the stock shocks?

any preferances from anyone?
thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
Both are progressive springs.
I believe the hotchkis on stock shocks won't last too long.
It all depends on how many miles you have on your stock shocks.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
currently i have 21k miles on my stock shocks... i believe its suppose to be 75000 miles on stock springs.... so what the eibach would bring that down to 70000 miles?

·
Registered
812 Posts
I put eibach on my '01 when I had 30k miles on my stock shocks. I turned in the car with 65k in miles still on the stock shocks and they were still fine. No bounce at all..

This time around though I'm getting replacement shocks with my new springs.

·
Registered
740 Posts
James Hong said:
Wrong. Hotchkis are not progressive. They're linear. Eibachs are progressive, but the rear springs are way too stiff -> Eibounce.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
buister said:
James Hong said:
Wrong. Hotchkis are not progressive. They're linear. Eibachs are progressive, but the rear springs are way too stiff -> Eibounce.
If you're saying the Eibach's w/ the stock shocks doesn't work well, I'm going to DISAGREE with you there. :-?
I've got the L-tuned springs (same thing), and although I wish my ride was even stiffer, it rides great...
Tons of guys on here have the eibach/ltuned springs with no probs. If you want a 1" drop, and don't wanna mess with shocks, it's a nice way to go IMO.

p.s. That's just my $.02 :wink: :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.