Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jsut got a momo off ebay (yes i know..bad idea). Its the mm12 with the plexi-glass box. From the looks of it, it looks new..but when I pressed in the cone to feel its travel..it didnt move..and so I pressed a little harder and "POP"..its like the cone is sticking. After the first pop it travels fine..but let it sit and itll stick again. I also tried to hook it up to my old system..using the same subwoofer wires that are hooked up to my current subs. Didnt show any signs of life at all. No vibrations at all. Could the coil be blown? What about the terminals..could they somehow get blown or something? This is really frustrating.

·
8,852 Posts
The coil is probably blown.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
- thats what happened to my 12w7... it stayed stuck... *BLOWN*

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool...anyone know how circuit city's return policy is..i heard its no hassle n shits..but i dont have any of the original boxes or papers..will they take it back. I believe it was purchased there.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well this guy ended up being full of shit..the coil is blown..he gave me his name and all his shits so I could tell circuit city to look up the reciept. Hope they take it back.

·
8,852 Posts
Good luck...

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
dude... you bought it off Ebay. items on Ebay are "as-is" condition most of the time.

I doubt Circuit City will help you, you are NOT the original purchaser. He probably gave you a bogus name and number. Eitehr way, I think you are screwed buddy. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well he gave me his info and phone number and I called the number and its legit..plus i can also put a claim through ebay and get about $100 bucks back I believe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.