Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
edmunuds.com now has the IS listed, along with invoice price and options. Invoice is listed at over 26,000.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Thank you for this news!

They list the fuel tank as 19.8 gallons!
It keeps growing every time I see a new
info sheet...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Webmaster great job with the forum, love the new look! TEG are you going to add more MISC features to your list? Theirs a few things like a first aid kit and other stuff listed at edmunds.com

[From TEG: I think I am going to bail out
on trying to keep my summary fully updated.
I put in a link to the Edmunds site, and
people can explore over there if they need
to know more.]

Thats one huge fuel tank, perhaps it will help the weight distrubution of the car.

I saw the Canadian show Motoring 2000 at 4:30, its the same type of review as motorweek. The roar of the IS300's engine sounds sweet. Braking is amazing, dead on. The car sure does look like it handles nice and firm. After seeing the commercial and Motoring 2000, this cars turns must be amazing! Motoring 2000 also showed some great shots of the interior, including a full shot from above the headrests of the drivers seat, the car has the most "sporty" appearence out of any car in this segment, and fit & finish looks excellent. The IS has more rear head and leg room than I thought. Overall its one damn sweet car and I can't wait for a test drive :)

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited May 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Based on the Edmunds MSRP and Invoice,
Dealer markup is 15% rather than the
outrageous 20% we were estimating earlier.

15% is still more than
12% BMW 3 series
9% Daimler C-class

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems like Edmunds lifted info from the GS300. In addition to the 19+ gallon fuel tank, the weight is listed as 3638 pounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts