Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/comparison/articles/46528/page013.html

"Yet, somehow, the IS 300 landed smack dab in second place on our editors' lists of Personal Picks, the car we'd choose for ourselves if given the resources. And here it is, tying for third place overall with the venerable Volvo. How did it place so high?

It moves, baby. Whether it's chomping up the tarmac during performance testing or arcing around mountain curves, it struts and shakes its stuff and is graceful doing it. It's as tossable as a kooshball and literally begs for more, which accounts for its first place finish in the slalom run at 64.3 mph. It actually scored higher than the BMW (by two percentage points) for the ineffable "Fun to Drive" category. Editor-in-Chief Christian Wardlaw practically had a conniption when faced with the prospect of losing his turn at driving it, so desirous was he of this talented vehicle. Light, agile and nimble, one editor commented that it reminded her of a feral tomcat."

"If the Volvo was the most serene car of this test, the IS was by far the most fun."

note: the 2002 SportCross will address some of the dislikes in this review (i.e., center armrest, full-leather if desired, more storage space, etc.)

·
Registered
395 Posts
I thought it was kind of odd that the TL-S took first in this comparison whereas the CL-S came in last in the coupe comparison. But the margins on almost all of these comparison tests are small and the categories that they use to qunatify each can make a huge placement differences.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah - it's also clear that it ultimately boils down to the subjective judgement of the evaluator.

Originally posted by Nate:
I thought it was kind of odd that the TL-S took first in this comparison whereas the CL-S came in last in the coupe comparison. But the margins on almost all of these comparison tests are small and the categories that they use to qunatify each can make a huge placement differences.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
every car magazine says this car is the most fun to drive...i don't see why it wouldn't win more often, especially now that its available w/a 5 speed manual in about a month or so

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
scoot557
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing