Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im about to get this installed in my car, but i have a quick question on how it works. will i be able to ajdust the dampering from inside the car when i am at cruising speeds, or does the car have to be stopped first...? any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
wHiTeDrAgOnIS said:
hey guys im about to get this installed in my car, but i have a quick question on how it works. will i be able to ajdust the dampering from inside the car when i am at cruising speeds, or does the car have to be stopped first...? any help is appreciated.
I don't really know if you COULD.. but i DO it all the times :lol:
i never bothered reading the instructions, but my tein flex w/edfc is still working after about 1 year now..

but I think it would be ideal not to adjust on the run? someone please comment on it..

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I used to adjust the levels all the time while cruising too and when I finally got around to reading the EDFC instructions (about a month after installation), they say that you should always adjust the damper levels while the car is STOPPED. So now I adjust em while stopped only.

·
Registered
290 Posts
you can adjust it during cruising speed the little motor you install spins and adjust the damping...i drove a red IS today at the BBQ in MA and adjusted it while i was driving and it wasnt a problem...(thanks mike for letting me mess with it and try your short shifter!)

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
IS300_Onyx_SportDesign said:
you can adjust it during cruising speed the little motor you install spins and adjust the damping...i drove a red IS today at the BBQ in MA and adjusted it while i was driving and it wasnt a problem...(thanks mike for letting me mess with it and try your short shifter!)
What did you think of it?

·
Registered
297 Posts
IS300_Onyx_SportDesign said:
no problem bro. :D

Mike

·
Registered
320 Posts
I adjust all the time while driving also..
hahaha, dunno if its good or bad..

I do try to do it on smooth sections of road only, :crazy:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
four20 said:
I used to adjust the levels all the time while cruising too and when I finally got around to reading the EDFC instructions (about a month after installation), they say that you should always adjust the damper levels while the car is STOPPED. So now I adjust em while stopped only.

Whoops! Hehe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts