Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car at lexus of Seattle last year. Has anybody got there ECU upgraded in Washington?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Still waiting for my ECU+TRAC upgrade from Lexus of Tacoma. I think they're still trying to figure out how to flash the computer.

·
11,061 Posts
I believe...from the conversations here...that some upgrades have been done by Lexus of Seattle, at least one by Bellevue and we Lexus of Tacoma people are awaiting a call indicating that they have figured out how to make it work and we can bring our cars in.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of the tech guy from Lexus told me that they have to wait for the part to come in. but what part? Aren't they just reprogramming ECU? or replacing new ECU? What are they doing?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought my car from Lexus of Seattle and I got my ECU thingy done the day this forum went down. I think I was one of the first ones on the list. Before I got it done, the service manager put a disclaimer: "With this update, you weill get harsher shifting and there is NO way to go back to the old way." I did not care..I wanted to get rid of the hesitation and that was that. So I got it done, and trust me, it makes a HUGE difference if you drive you car aggresively. I am very pleased. I feel no difference in the shifting..well maybe a bit, but nothing noticable. Just call them up and get on the list. They will call you back when they get the part in. My IS experience just got a whole lot better.

·
11,061 Posts
Got the upgrades last Saturday. I notice the improvement most in Power Mode, but it's better in regular mode too. The hesitation I used to have when coming to a rolling stop and suddenly accelerating is..GONE!
Had the work done at Lexus of Tacoma in Fife. Mine was the third car they did. The service manager told me to leave the car in power mode for optimal performance with the upgrades, but I only did that for a couple of days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts