Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
what don't you list the ecu upgrade options that you have searched for and are considering, we'll choose from the long list

Biskits said:
which ones are the best?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, I have a stillen intake, so intake/ecu combo is out of the question.
I guess the that will work good with my intake. Also, I'm considering HKS hiper exhaust in the future.

·
Mr. Negative
12,387 Posts
Biskits said:
I guess the that will work good with my intake. Also, I'm considering HKS hiper exhaust in the future.
errr... the only choice you got bro is the Apexi SAFC. It's a air/fuel controller.

:lol: GTE.. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm..I never knew that.
when I try to search for "ecu upgrade," all I saw was stuff about intakes.
so much for the search!

Thanks, IS_Dude.

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Well there are other AFC type Controllers, like the HKS AFR and so on...

I have heard (But can't confirm) that the HKS AFR is actually better then the Apexi S-AFC, because it has finer tunning points, allowing for a much more evolved tunning session = slightly more power and smoother power curves.

IS_Dude said:
Biskits said:
errr... the only choice you got bro is the Apexi SAFC. It's a air/fuel controller.

·
Mr. Negative
12,387 Posts
I was trying to be brief yet to the point. Are there other options out there? Yes, but this is one of those chip discusions that I just wanted to help out on and thwart before it got ugly. Hell you can put a freekin' standalone in it if you want.

CarbonIS300 said:
Well there are other AFC type Controllers, like the HKS AFR and so on...

I have heard (But can't confirm) that the HKS AFR is actually better then the Apexi S-AFC, because it has finer tunning points, allowing for a much more evolved tunning session = slightly more power and smoother power curves.

IS_Dude said:
Biskits said:

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
hmmmm, imagine that, well i'll clarify (although this should have came up in the search as well) there is no ecu upgrade for the IS as of yet, and no chip before you ask.

the only option you have so far is stand alone or piggy back. obviously you don't need stand alone yet, so piggy back is the way to go, being an afc or an afr.

-gte

Biskits said:
hmm..I never knew that.
when I try to search for "ecu upgrade," all I saw was stuff about intakes.
so much for the search!

Thanks, IS_Dude.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
Biskits
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing