Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just left my Lexus Dealership to drop my car off for service. I talked to the manager about the upgrade and he told me that lexus has not issued any update to america yet regarding the ECU. He said that if and when they do it will be done either through vins numbers (meaning the newer IS will already have the upgraded ECU in already), or they will be replaced when you relize you are experiencing these problems. Is this true I mean some of you said you had the update already.

------------------
Everyone needs a little New York in them!!!!
01 SBM 17" OEM Chrome

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Originally posted by Lexisny:
Just left my Lexus Dealership to drop my car off for service. I talked to the manager about the upgrade and he told me that lexus has not issued any update to america yet regarding the ECU. He said that if and when they do it will be done either through vins numbers (meaning the newer IS will already have the upgraded ECU in already), or they will be replaced when you relize you are experiencing these problems. Is this true I mean some of you said you had the update already.

i have the update a while back, and have a receipt of the service.

------------------
'01 Lexus IS300
'91 Acura NSX
'95 Nissan Maxima

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just got off the phone with service advisor (name withheld) at Lexus of Santa Monica and he told me there is no fix available from Lexus, however, the Head of Service will use his IS300 for testing, once they figure out what the settings are, they will allow customers to test drive this IS and if customers like the way it performs, there will be a ¡§one time¡¨ ECU reprogramming (no turning back). I am pretty confused here. If most dealers don¡¦t know about this fix, what kind of ¡§fix¡¨ did your dealer performed on your IS300? Anyone in Los Angeles area received this ¡§fix¡¨?

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
post your email, i will send you a copy of my reciept. its an ecu update reprogram. i was one of the few "beta" testers you could say.

------------------
'01 Lexus IS300
'91 Acura NSX
'95 Nissan Maxima

·
Registered
306 Posts
Can I also get a copy? My service guy is also awhere of the problem. I just want to get a copy to speed up any delays or excuses about it not being available yet.

[email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone here from Mass? I'm getting my ECU software update tomorrow at Lexus of Norwood at 8:15 am. The service guy knew exactly what was wrong with my car. I thought it was just my car until I came to this forum. He said this car hesitation problem is well known and they are just waiting for Lexus to send the software update. I will post more tomorrow when its done.

·
Registered
40 Posts
MrEric,

I'm from Randolph, Mass. I have a 1000 miles service this weekend at Norwood. I'll check with them to see if they can do something for me...

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I talked to my Dealer today Wilkie Lexus in Bryn Mawr Pa. They said regarding the Trans. ECU that they would have the patch for it as of fri. They explained to me that the problem was that they used the ECU mapping from the GS400 on the trans and that they had adjusted it down in order to make the GS a more smooth car during shifts. When they transferred this over to the IS it became laggy and hesistant. So they have a Patch for it and will only do the upgrade upon request and avail. Also not all dealerships have this patch yet. I am not sure how tru this is but this is what they tell me and my IS goes in fri to get it all fixed...

I will let you all know how it werks out ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by MrEric:
Anyone here from Mass? I'm getting my ECU software update tomorrow at Lexus of Norwood at 8:15 am. The service guy knew exactly what was wrong with my car. I thought it was just my car until I came to this forum. He said this car hesitation problem is well known and they are just waiting for Lexus to send the software update. I will post more tomorrow when its done.
Mreric, I was at Lexus of Norwood today for my 10,000 mile service, and my service rep had no clue about the ECU reprogram. Who are you talking with at the dealer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
xconn92,

It was Richard MacMillen. Were you there at 8:30am this morning? That was when I dropped off the car for that update. I'm still waiting for them to call me to pick it up tonite.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Please.

When will you people ever learn?
I've told you and many of your dealers have told you this ECU So-Called Update is a Lie created by this kid on this site.

That so-called reciept he posted can be made on any facts or word program.

Sorry....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by IsNYC:
lexisny, which dealership did you go to?
Lexus of Manhattan has no idea what I'm talking about.
Rallye Lexus!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Please, keep your stupidity to yourself. I've also been comfirmed from my local dealer that ECU upgrade will be available in the near future. Westminster Lexus in CA.
Originally posted by stockIS3:
Please.

When will you people ever learn?
I've told you and many of your dealers have told you this ECU So-Called Update is a Lie created by this kid on this site.

That so-called reciept he posted can be made on any facts or word program.

Sorry....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts