Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have listened back and forther about the ECU/TRAC update problems, and have checked my VIN# to see if I fell into that catagory, and I do not. But just becuase my number's are above the update problem, does that mean my car is fine? I notice the tranny is a little jerky off the line sometimes, but don't know if that has anything to do with the ECU/TRAC. Anyone know of any signs I should be looking out for??????

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by IS300-4Chris:
I have listened back and forther about the ECU/TRAC update problems, and have checked my VIN# to see if I fell into that catagory, and I do not. But just becuase my number's are above the update problem, does that mean my car is fine? I notice the tranny is a little jerky off the line sometimes, but don't know if that has anything to do with the ECU/TRAC. Anyone know of any signs I should be looking out for??????
if you don't got the VIN, don't bring it in

Seriously tho, the problem was fixed in your car already... Jerky off the line wasn't the prblem, it was a strange hesitation after you hit the gas, then *bam* the car would kick in... not the most violent of starts, but could throw u off gaurd.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got a lot of experience with the trannie problem. The problem is with it hesitating from a rolling stop, but the main problem I found was when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd, it would rev up and hold it, then slam it into gear very violently. I got the fix a month ago and it runs perfect. The fix was the replacement of 2 ECU's. One for the shifting patterns and the other was for Traction control. According to the dealer, I was the first to get it at that dealership. If you have to ask yourself if you MAY have a problem, then you probably do not have a problem. When I had the problems, I hated my car!

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
I had the ecu fix also. It is only noticeable when the TRAC kicks in. My problem was also from 2nd to 3rd. It is very easy to duplicate. Just punch it from a stop when making a right turn. It used to hesitate while the engine stayed flat, like hitting the rev. limiter. It still hesitates now, but the engine would continue to rev and the tran. catches on a lot faster. It doesn't make any difference under normal driving condition. I was also told that the updated TRAC unit is on the 3 revisions as of now. Not sure what the differences are from the previous versions of the TRAC's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts