Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2001 is300. I've been putting together a part list for a budget plan. One thing I cannot seem to find out for myself would be the ecu chip thing. I do have a cat on the list, I just don't know what i should buy tuning wise.

I've found this online and would probably be the cheaper way to go. If its even the right thing. As you cans see this part really confused me.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,227 Posts
Link G4, AEM infinity, megasquirt, motec, Haltech, AEM FI/6, there are others.

If you are trying to pick up just a small amount of power I would just do the normal bolt ons. All of those listed above are very pricey aside from the FI/6.

·
3,726 Posts
I recently purchased a 2001 is300. I've been putting together a part list for a budget plan. One thing I cannot seem to find out for myself would be the ecu chip thing. I do have a cat on the list, I just don't know what i should buy tuning wise.

I've found this online and would probably be the cheaper way to go. If its even the right thing. As you cans see this part really confused me.
This has been covered tons of times. There is no tuning the factory ECU. Piggy back or stand alone only.

·
Registered
2004 5-speed, w/ LSD & Sport package 😎
79 Posts
This has been covered tons of times. There is no tuning the factory ECU. Piggy back or stand alone only.
Actually, there is a company who can crack our ECU's. Their name is Orange Virus Tuning, but you'd have to ship your ECU out to them.

·
3,726 Posts
Actually, there is a company who can crack our ECU's. Their name is Orange Virus Tuning, but you'd have to ship your ECU out to them.
That is just a general change. It is not a true tune for your setup. There are several that do out of the box sticker tunes for 2002 and later. They are not that much at all for gains.

·
Registered
629 Posts
They don't work on anything older than 06', I've already asked them. There's a guy on Facebook that has a company named Quantum Auto that has started to tune the stock ecu and can remove CEL's for o2's, etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts