Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last friday I took my DWP in for it's 5k service at Lexus of Riverside cause they are the closest to me. I sat down with the service rep and explained that I wanted the ECU/TRAC updated and gave him the service bulletin number. He brought it up on his computer and then proceeded to tell me that they didn't have the parts and that I'd have to wait for a letter from Lexus before anything could be done. Upon hearing this I told him that other area dealers were already addressing the problem and how could they be so "out of the loop". I decided not to press the issue at that time and instead take it back to the dealer I got it from. Yesterday I contacted Lexus of Westminster and asked to be placed on the waiting list for the service. Steve from Service called me back that same afternoon and told me he had ordered the parts and it would take about 2 weeks to come in due to the backorder. Another thing he said was that Westminster was doing about 3 cars a day for this update. Westminster kicked everyones A$$ when I bought my car and are still doing so. So any of you SoCal IS owners out there getting the brush off from your dealers, you now know where to go.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts