Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car went in for its 5000 mile service yesterday, as well as getting the hesitation problems adressed. The car has been having terrible hesitation problems that have been discussed many times on this board. Unfortunately, the problem caused an accident this past weekend as my wife was pulling out on the highway and the car would not go. The car that was coming up the road hit its brakes and the car behind it slammed into the backend. I informed Lexus of the accident and that this ECU & TRAC problem is a safety issue. The unfortunate part is the ECU upgrade that has been so widely discussed is still in testing mode and there have been many reported problems with the fix. Also the TRAC fix is still unavailable. Lexus informed me today that they are keeping my car to at least May 15, 2001 because the fix should be complete and available at that time.
I told Lexus to get me a new car as I do not want to be without my car for 3.5 weeks.

What do you guys think about this situation??
I am going to push them for a GS.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
At least get an IS loaner, loaded of course. GS430 would be super pimp! =)

My dealership told me they always loan the same car, and if one's not available they upgrade you.

·
Registered
341 Posts
That's sad about the accident. I guess you can be thankful it wasn't your wife that got rear-ended. Many of us have mentioned safety related issues when it comes to the hesitation. My wife and I turn off the TRAC each time we get in the car to avoid it. Perhaps those that have been skeptical in the past might be more willing to see this as something other than a "performance" related issue. Nevertheless, a fix is on the way, and that's better than them ignoring it all together.

·
Registered
861 Posts
What dealership did you get your IS300 from? I got mine from Difeo Lexus in the bound brook area.

The head service guy said it's not out yet also and im on a list 'to be called' when it comes out.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Just to keep you updated in this topic...

I have always been very annoyed with the hestitation ever since buying the car 6 months ago.

I just got them to reprogram my trans ECU last week at my 5k service. They didn't have the replacement trac ECUs in stock yet, but I showed them that I had modified my IS300 so my trac is off by default. The service mgr made me a guinea pig/test case. So far I like the difference. I haven't noticed the hesitation and the low speed shifts seem more decisive. What are the reported problems with the fix? I haven't seen a downside (yet).

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you merely disconnect your battery, you'll be shocked and amazed. I left my battery disconnected for 30 minutes, hooked it back, hesitation vamooshed. I in no way believe this is the permanent solution, but until Lexus gets their ducks in a row...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts