Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i bought my IS used and ive been reading about an ecu/ trac problem. Im sure by now most owners have had this fixed by the dealer but i am just about to get it done. i thought at first the tranny was screwed but noticed it was only happening after hard cornering.

my question is- is this something they will fix for free? how long does it take? will they replay the whole ecu trac system or just new program?

thanks all! happy holidays!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Are you talking about TRAC update on earlier 2001s?

·
Registered
670 Posts
CRAMEROX said:
yes. is there anything else i should know about?
For the TRAC update, it ONLY applies for the earlier production of 2001 models... call your local dealer, and give your VIN, and they should be able to tell you weather your car has been upgraded or not....

Other than TRAC update, I don't think there has been anything concerned....

oh, there were some bubble issues in RE040 stock tires....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dlee74 said:
CRAMEROX said:
yes. is there anything else i should know about?
For the TRAC update, it ONLY applies for the earlier production of 2001 models... call your local dealer, and give your VIN, and they should be able to tell you weather your car has been upgraded or not....

Other than TRAC update, I don't think there has been anything concerned....

oh, there were some bubble issues in RE040 stock tires....

yes i was able to check my vin on someones post here...my vin is one of them. i guess i need it to get check out...its pretty bad sometimes...

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
they will cover it then..
I read about the ECU/TRAC flash about a year ago. just had it done..
no charge..
when I brought my car over to the dealer, geez.. they were ohh and ahhing over my bogus injen intake.. it was funny...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rllinghardis300 said:
they will cover it then..
I read about the ECU/TRAC flash about a year ago. just had it done..
no charge..
when I brought my car over to the dealer, geez.. they were ohh and ahhing over my bogus injen intake.. it was funny...
perfect! im going after the holidays.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Once you go in to dealer, they will know what to do.... and what you have done so far...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts