Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from Monte (master technician) at Fremont Lexus. He first told me that he wouldnt be able to make the test drive appointment. He recalls that i have spoken to him about the hesitation problem 3 or 4 months back. At that time, he told me to disconnect the (-) battery cable to reset the ecu's learn code (where the ecu learns your diving habit
)anyways, the rest is history.
Monte told me that he doesnt need to do the test drive and later told me that he had a conference meeting over the phone with other lexus dealership master tech with the director of lexus or someone like that.. He told me that he will have Troy Corrier (service consultant) setup an appointment to remove the ECU and plug into there computer system to 'Flash' or Update the E-PROM information. He told me 'are you sure you want to do this? there is no turning back..once this is completed..' he also told me that the TRAC ECU unit is on backorder and will require another time to replace the old TRAC ECU.

Here's what i dont understand. He mentioned to me that there is no turning back one he flashes it. coming from a strong technical background in hardware and software and especially my expertise (low level partitioning and data recovery), you can save the ROM data (bin) into a file. lexus should have a computer system that allows you to re-flash the bios/ECU if in case of power outage (a common thing here now in cali)
the way he was saying it sounded as if he was trying to warn me or something.. that he also mentioned to me that the car may drive differently. i wonder how differently.. Better?-i'd be satisfied. Worse?- i will complain to the dealer/Lexus for faulty equiptment or car. and thus fall into the recall category?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Originally posted by jamest_corvel:
don't worry about it. Just do it. I love the result. The response is amazing.

Had both ECU/Trac done...
James, I spoke with Katelyn yesterday and ordered the Trac & ECU update. She told me about how happy a customer (which I'm assuming was you) was with the Trac/ECU update. I'm looking forward to it and will post my experience with it as soon as I have it done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
those jerks at fremont lexus still tell me they don't have an update. and when i ask that monte guy to call me back, he doesn't. it's really pissing me off. i'm thinking about going there after class one day and just talk to them. jerks

·
Registered
503 Posts
I gt the same answer from PRESTIGE Lexus n Jersey. No update yet. OK I believe them. That's why I'll ge elsewhere. That was thier final shot. PRESTIGE Lexus in NEW JERSEY officially SUCKS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts