Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was going to take my car in for the first oil change in about a month, and wanted to know if anyone has dealt with Bredemann regarding the ECU/TRAC update? I know that my VIN is one of the ones that needs the update, so I am going to ask them to get it for me. Do they actually know about it, or do they hassle you? And if you did get it done there, let me know who you spoke to. I'm worried that the dealer will try to deny that there is such a problem like has happened to so many others.

Thanks!!!

-David

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I bought my car at bredemann and so far im fairly satified

i was actually there yesterday for a CD player replacement (it jammed) and they sctrached up my dash and trim doing the work.
they are fixing it next week but still pisses me off.

I had my Trac/Ecu replaced there as well. and they are doing the Recall on the undershield too!

maybe ill see you there one day!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! So have they hassled you about your mods at all? That's the other thing I'm worried about. I dont' want dirty looks every time I come in there, considering most "typical" Lexus owners don't ever even open their hood. (j/k)
BTW, you ever go in for the Saturday morning breakfast??

- David

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yea, one more thing. Did you ask them not to put your front plate on? It looks really good without it, but I'm stuck with mine on there.

-David

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
im there mostly in the winters for the breakfast but if you ever want to meet up there to talk the **** then just let me know.

they have never hassled me about my mods!! yet..

just wait till the turbo, their gonna ****!!

we have chicago IS300 meets regulary so check out the all together now forum for updates!!
I specifically told them to not put on my front plate........its looks so much better!

·
Registered
32 Posts
mccarlin...
my cd player jammed too!!!
4 of my favorite cd's are in there.
2 and half weeks ago this happened. everytime i called, "it'll be in in just a couple days." well, i just called and my cd player is there. the trac ecu is on backorder. according to the service rep i spoke with (mike d. @ warnock lex in livingston, nj) they're were told to be frugal with them. apparently lex is still working on them. does that mean that people who already had them installed will have diff ones than the one coming out later???
i wish lex would keep their employees more informed.

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: smoke_this ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts