Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I looking to set up a ecu reset relay but I can seem to find a 2001 ecu pinout for EFI power and the ETCS power if anyone could help that would be much appreciated, btw I did research for like two days.

Thanks
Glenn

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am running a Aem f/ic and it runs very good but after I shut it down and start again it goes into second trip logic and everything goes to shit

·
Registered
930 Posts
I think I have what you are looking for... what is your email?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Reset circuit for GS300 '98-00 or IS300 '01 ECU (see pinout):
1) Cut ECU wires E6-1 (BATT) and E6-7 (BM).
2) use relay #1 to connect sides of BATT wire,
use relay #2 to connect sides of BM wire
3) power both relays by E6-9 (IGSW) and E3-17 (GND)
4) Check it - both wires must connected when ignition switch ON and START positions only

You can use this scheme for IS300 '02 and later (see ECU pinout for same signals: BATT, BM, IGSW, GND)

This circuit help yours ECU to work in open-loop determined mode w/o all O2's and check engine light.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Reset circuit for GS300 '98-00 or IS300 '01 ECU (see pinout):
1) Cut ECU wires E6-1 (BATT) and E6-7 (BM).
2) use relay #1 to connect sides of BATT wire,
use relay #2 to connect sides of BM wire
3) power both relays by E6-9 (IGSW) and E3-17 (GND)
4) Check it - both wires must connected when ignition switch ON and START positions only

You can use this scheme for IS300 '02 and later (see ECU pinout for same signals: BATT, BM, IGSW, GND)

This circuit help yours ECU to work in open-loop determined mode w/o all O2's and check engine light.
how about a diagram? im better with a diagram than reading. thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
I suggest you have the FIC re-tuned. There should be NO need to reset the ECU if the FIC is properly setup.

Your trying to trick the ECU, with is bad for drive ability and fuel economy. If your boosted, you might argue that you haven't done this for fuel economy, but in all reality with a turbo, you get better atomization, and fuel economy should go up.

Just trying to underscore the point that you need you FIC re-tuned.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sorry for bringing back this thread. I'm following this diagram and my ECU does not have E3-17. Its empty.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Sorry for bringing back this thread. I'm following this diagram and my ECU does not have E3-17. Its empty.

Any ideas?
looks to me like it's a ground, can't you just ground it anywhere?

·
Premium Member
18,159 Posts

Any ideas?
looks to me like it's a ground, can't you just ground it anywhere?
Yes, I would think so too. You are already controlling the ECM with the relay's contacts and IGSW energizes the relays. No need to control the ground on the relay's coil, controlling just IGSW is fine. For anyone who doesn't have the wiring schematics for '01 and '02+, here you go below. It's also in the IS300 1300+ page complete diagnostic manual I just put up(not the FSM, just the DI section that hasn't been available till now!)

Http://my.is/forums/2997197-post17.html

Http://my.is/forums/f90/new-01-05-diagnostic-manual-download-435090/

·
Registered
784 Posts
Jason, can you please look at diagram and then follow it on 01 ECU pin diagram. It seems like the information is given wrong. I wired up like this then realize everything is wrong by looking 01 pinout.

·
Premium Member
18,159 Posts

Any ideas?
Jason, can you please look at diagram and then follow it on 01 ECU pin diagram. It seems like the information is given wrong. I wired up like this then realize everything is wrong by looking 01 pinout.
I can surely take a look when I get home, unless you can download and PM me the engine control pdf for '01 as an attachment. What I want to know, does the IGSW briefly become "hot" during cranking and then is not "hot". If it stays hot, then the relays will stay energized and according to the print the contacts will open. If the relays are to remained energized when the ignition is on, then they need to utilize terminals 30 and 87(N.O. Contacts). So the question remains(until I can test), does IGSW only get energized during cranking and then de-energize, allowing power to flow thrue the relays N.C. Contacts(based on the jpg drawing). I need to take a closer look at this. I bet it can be done with one relay, possibly a 5 pin. I'll update my findings.

·
Premium Member
18,159 Posts
The drawing shows it using 87a and 30, which is N.C. Contacts. So when the relays are energized via IGSW(igntion power), it cuts power to the ECU. I would think you would use the Normally open contacts to supply power when ignition is on and cut power to ECU when ignition is off. I'm mobile ATM, so I need to verify and check this.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.