Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my VIN number falls under the vehicles that need the ECU reflashing...I called the dealership and all they did was run my vin number and say there are no campaigns available...Does this mean that it was already done on my car or that since it is so old that it has been removed from the campaign list...I got my car CPO so it is still under warranty...I thought maybe since most all 01 are probably not under warranty anymore that maybe the ECU problem does not come up anymore...

Any thoughts would be helpful

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
sclawis300 said:
so my VIN number falls under the vehicles that need the ECU reflashing...I called the dealership and all they did was run my vin number and say there are no campaigns available...Does this mean that it was already done on my car or that since it is so old that it has been removed from the campaign list...I got my car CPO so it is still under warranty...I thought maybe since most all 01 are probably not under warranty anymore that maybe the ECU problem does not come up anymore...

Any thoughts would be helpful
thats because the reflash is NOT a campaign.
It is a tech service bulletin, or TSB for short. These are performed only if the customer is complaining about that specific problem, not for all customers as a recall.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
The dealer gave a lot of resistance to me when I was asking about the update. Is it possible to drive in snow with the original traction control without the car not wanting to move?

Also... does the car behave differently in the dry with the "older" traction control as well?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
traction control has never worked well for me. I always drive (er drove, since i sold the car) with trac off. rain, snow, or shine. I had an 03, so the updated trac program was already there. There is a minor diference between the new and old software, nothing to get excited about.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah, taking the TSB with you would be a good idea. I did the same thing and they reflashed it without any questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts