Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
What's all this, then?
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I tried calling the service manager today at Lexus of Wilmington, DE, where I purchased my IS 300 last year. I believe he was being very evasive about even ~acknowledging~ that this fix even existed. First, he tried to mis-lead me with the service bulletin for the oil pan fix (like that has anything to do with the ECU/TRAC). It wasn't until I told him about the info on this forum that he finally caved in.

He claimed that there is no Lexus-sponsored service bulletin or campaign to fix the problem, but that it was being looked at on a "case by case" basis, and that the Internet was a "bad" source of information (sic).

Even though I had reported the problem about a month after getting the car (which is recorded in the service record), he claimed that "Lexus' policy" was not to fix it unless the dealership could "observe" the problem. Fat chance on the crowded streets of Wilmington. What, was this guy going to ride to work with me every morning until it happened??

Anyway, I called Lexus, who of course denied that this was their policy, but that they did require the dealership to "examine" the vehicle prior to performing the service. They are supposed to be calling the service manager & squaring him away for me...we'll see what happens.

The bottom line is, don't take "no" for an answer. I don't understand what gives with this guy...it can't be any skin of his nose. I'm sure that he'll bill Lexus back for the parts & labor. So much for the "relentless pursuit of perfection"...it's more like the "fruitless search for the truth".

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Don't give up. The first 2 times I asked the service manager at my Lexus, he denied it as well. Then I sent him all the great info I got from this board, but he didn't call me back. So, I went in and talked to the Sales manager and he was straight up with me. Now I have an appointment next week to get my ECU reprogrammed and my TRAC chip replacement...

Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a little trouble that first time around too. However, after I mentioned this board and cited many other Lexus dealers that were doing this they gave in too.

It has made all of the difference.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Call Lexus Customer Service and describe your "hesitation" problem. I told them I've almost been t-boned because of it. They'll fix you right up and bird dog your dealer.

·
11,061 Posts
That's nasty of them to give you the run-around. I barely mentioned it to the service manager at my dealership and he volunteered to put me on the list. Goes good now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Watcher is right. Tell them you've almost gotten into an accident because of the hesitation, the dealer will do everything they can to fix the problem for you. My previuos car (Chrysler Sebring Convertable) has a couple of small spots "in" the windshield that look like finger marks, I told the service advisor the marks bother me when the sun light comes in certain angles. He had it replaced right away (the car was 2.5 years old at the time).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts