Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the real deal here folks? I've heard of a January fix, February fix, March fix and a 30 day fix. Ya, some people posted they got the beta fix. But I don't remember reading that the problem was solved. For all those people that talk to their "local lexus dealer". Do you think they say, "it's coming soon", just to get rid of you? Local dealers are just the middle man. Why don't we call Lexus about this problem? Indundate them with calls and email and maybe they will get off their asses and get this fixed. I've heard they got a good customer satisfaction record. You know we're all unhapy campers here.

Just my 2 cents. I hope it's worth something.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
yes its real, i got mine fixed in january. it did solve my start off hesitation, the only problem i was experiencing with the IS300.

------------------
'01 Lexus IS300
'91 Acura NSX
'95 Nissan Maxima

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
yes its real, i got mine fixed in january. it did solve my start off hesitation, the only problem i was experiencing with the IS300.
Lexus_IS300,

What dealer did you get the fix at ? Can I get the phone number ? I want to call them cause every dealer I have talked to in the Chicagoland area looks at me like I have been smoking crack. None of the dealers I have gone to have heard of any ECU fix.
If possible, can you scan your service req form and post it so I can print it and go shove it up the service guys a** cause I really feel they know something about the ECU fix, but are just giving me the run around.

Thanks,
Reefa

[This message has been edited by Reefa (edited March 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Originally posted by Reefa:
Lexus_IS300,

What dealer did you get the fix at ? Can I get the phone number ? I want to call them cause every dealer I have talked to in the Chicagoland area looks at me like I have been smoking crack. None of the dealers I have gone to have heard of any ECU fix.
If possible, can you scan your service req form and post it so I can print it and go shove it up the service guys a** cause I really feel they know something about the ECU fix, but are just giving me the run around.

Thanks,
Reefa

I fixed it at Lexus of Tulsa, at the time when I was fixing it, it haven't been released. I was lucky because Lexus sent a tech guy out to my dealer and he happene to have the software and tool to do it. I cannot give you the number, because the last time i posted it here and posted their numbers they were flood with calls. But I could talk to them for you or answer any questions you'd like. I could even call your dealership for you if you leave their number. My e-mail is [email protected] if you have any other question. Sorry for the inconvinience.

------------------
'01 Lexus IS300
'91 Acura NSX
'95 Nissan Maxima

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:

I fixed it at Lexus of Tulsa, at the time when I was fixing it, it haven't been released. I was lucky because Lexus sent a tech guy out to my dealer and he happene to have the software and tool to do it. I cannot give you the number, because the last time i posted it here and posted their numbers they were flood with calls. But I could talk to them for you or answer any questions you'd like. I could even call your dealership for you if you leave their number. My e-mail is [email protected] if you have any other question. Sorry for the inconvinience.

Thanks Lexus_IS300...I will e-mail you. BTW one of the service guys is going to check out this board to see where I was getting my info from.

Reefa

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Originally posted by LexArkana:
I had my ECU replaced (not reprogrammed or flashed) at Prestige Lexus in Ramsey, NJ. It fixed the problem.
LexArkana,

One of the service guys here told me that even if there was a fix, they would probably replace the whole ECU rather than a re-program...maybe thats what I should demand.

Reefa

·
Registered
306 Posts
Reefa,
I'm running into the exact same problem here in the Dallas area. I took my car to Park Place in Plano and they were aware of the ECU problem but no fix available. Sewell Lexus was totally unaware of the problem. Both had not heard of any TRAC issues either.

Originally posted by Reefa:
Lexus_IS300,

Thanks,
Reefa

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
ill scan the paper for you guys tonite. there is no need to replace the ECU. LexArkana's situation, i do not know what it is...but I'm sure they replaced it for a good reason. because the ecu currently in the IS300 is fully programmable.

------------------
'01 Lexus IS300
'91 Acura NSX
'95 Nissan Maxima

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Originally posted by LexArkana:
I had my ECU replaced (not reprogrammed or flashed) at Prestige Lexus in Ramsey, NJ. It fixed the problem.
Do you think Prestige will replace my ECU even though I didn't get it from them? I called Ray Catena of Monmouth, they seem to be aware of it, but do not have any upgrades.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
24 Posts
What's wrong with ECU? I mean so many people wants to fix it and I didn't have any problems with it. I want to change it too If they fix it for free but I don't know what to say If I go to the dealer. Anybody know what's wrong with ECU?
Thanx

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Originally posted by IS300cool:
What's wrong with ECU? I mean so many people wants to fix it and I didn't have any problems with it. I want to change it too If they fix it for free but I don't know what to say If I go to the dealer. Anybody know what's wrong with ECU?
Thanx
Do a search on "ECU" you will get the details...but in short, the problem is that sometimes when while accelerating from a stop, the car feels like it is in "neutral" for a couple of secs (ie it just revs) and then the gear actually gets engaged. I only noticed this behaviour when driving in "D" and not in "M" mode.

Also, why do you want to fix something that isn't broken on your car ?

Reefa

[This message has been edited by Reefa (edited March 24, 2001).]

·
Registered
24 Posts
I felt that too but I thought that's normal. If they can fix that then I wanna fix it. And when I use M mode it's kindda slow when I change it to next gear. Is that normal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is this problem fixed on newly manufactured vehicles? Mine was just manufactured and is on its way from Japan. Just wondering if I will have to deal with this problem.

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just got off the phone with service advisor (name withheld) at Lexus of Santa Monica and he told me it will be about 8 weeks for the fix. He said the Service guy will use his IS300 for testing, once they figure out what the settings are, they will allow customers to test drive this IS and if customers like the way it performs, there will be a ¡§one time¡¨ ECU reprogramming (no turning back). I am pretty confused here. If most dealers don¡¦t know about this fix, what kind of ¡§fix¡¨ did your dealer get it from? Anyone in Los Angeles area received this ¡§fix¡¨?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts