Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I was wondering if anyone happens to know where I can get the connectors for an ECU harness (both ECU and harness sides). I am going to be installing my engine managment soon and don't really like to cut and splice (I will if it comes down to it). I know the Supra people had a source for their ECU connectors, but I can't get onto supraforums to find out where to start asking. I would like to make it as plug and play as possible! I am also looking for the connectors for the igniter. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Thanks!

*EDIT*

OK, I found it for the Supras. But does one exist for IS300?

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/parts/fields_ecu_harness/index.html

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
I'm not sure about the actual plastic plugs themselves, but check out Molex for the actual pins and pin removal tools, as well as crimpers.

Good luck and let me know what you find!

Kane

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kanine, I am looking for the full harness. I wonder if Molex makes the connectors themselves. Do you know which type of pins? Maybe I can remove the pins from the harness and plug them into another type of connector. thnx

Russ, mine is 2002

Russ_Turner said:
What year is your IS??

Russ

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
turbo97se said:
Kanine, I am looking for the full harness. I wonder if Molex makes the connectors themselves. Do you know which type of pins? Maybe I can remove the pins from the harness and plug them into another type of connector. thnx

Russ, mine is 2002

Russ_Turner said:
What year is your IS??

Russ
i'll look in my AMP and Molex books at work tomorrow, see if I can't find anything.

We stck a crap load of different types of connectors and pins at my work, so just maybe I can find it.

Kane

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
This is something we are actively involved in right now, nothing off the shelf.
Mike

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
The actual plugs are made by AMP i found out. It says right on them. Finding the actual types have been a bit of a challenge, but they are definetly made by AMP.

Kane

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Yes, but they are proprietary so they are next to immpossible to source.
Mike

Kanine21 said:
The actual plugs are made by AMP i found out. It says right on them. Finding the actual types have been a bit of a challenge, but they are definetly made by AMP.

Kane

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Mike

Kanine21 said:

Kane

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i have connector sets for both the 01's and 02's

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Believe me, all I need is a sample ;), I have contacts in Asia to duplicate them. They are subcontractors to Molex and AMP.

IS Pilot said:
Mike

Kanine21 said:

Kane

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
this is what you mean, correct?

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
GTE prob has a backyard with 10 crashed IS's sitting there denting the grass.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Here are also prints for the 01 connectors, the 02 are alittle harder. Pics are small for a reason :p

Mike

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is awesome, only there is no detail. Is it possible to get more detail? I am trying to get the wording in the bottom right hand corners especially the drawing numbers and part numbers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts