Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy from Tweeter offered to sell me an Eclipse In-Dash screen CD/DVD player (AV8132) for $1,300. Is this good? Can it be used with the stock system (speakers). Thanks!

·
8,880 Posts
auburnIS said:
This guy from Tweeter offered to sell me an Eclipse In-Dash screen CD/DVD player (AV8132) for $1,300. Is this good? Can it be used with the stock system (speakers). Thanks!
Not sure about the price, but the stock speakers (rear) are to be used with stock amp, otherwise a crossover is needed to power them up. Stock amp will not work without stock HU. So, be prepared to buy an amp also.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So do i need just new amps to power the front and rear speakers or do I need new speakers also?

·
8,880 Posts
auburnIS said:
So do i need just new amps to power the front and rear speakers or do I need new speakers also?
Front speakers you can keep, rear ones need to be replacement due to their odd characteristics. You do need an amp to power them. OEM amp can only be used with the stock Head Unit.

·
Registered
947 Posts
eclipse is a good quality in dash tv. the modle that you are talking about does it have a equilizer display function? if it does that is a great deal. Since this is a store I would say that this is the lower end model ( still a good deck) because eclipse is price protected. they will get i trouble if eclipse finds out that the store sold it below the "eclipse" price. unless the store writes up a fake reciept. just my .02

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1.) This was the flagship model for the 2002 collection. This model was the first one you see when you open the brochure.
2.) He was telling me that he could get me one, so I am guessing this was not a store sponsored sale.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
do you know if the new pioneer has this function built in? i am talking about the avh-7500. thanks

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
auburnIS said:
Sorry if I misread but did u get it new? If so, awesome deal... If if it was a floor model. I got a pretty sweet deal from Tweeter also for an AV8022.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have not scooped it up yet. It IS still in the box and a brand new model, never been opened. He said something like Eclipse is changing the model once more, and that they were just getting the consumer's feet wet with this model to see how it would sell. I really wanna get it, especially since this is the one I have been drooling over for a year now, but don't like the fact now that I am going to have to revamp my whole setup for it to work. :(

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
III 4U2NV III said:
auburnIS said:
Sorry if I misread but did u get it new? If so, awesome deal... If if it was a floor model. I got a pretty sweet deal from Tweeter also for an AV8022.
they dont make the 8022 anymore

1 - 13 of 13 Posts