Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whail looking on eBay today i just typed in lexus is300 and was checking everything out when this caught my eye...

eBay Motors: REAL PERFORMANCE CHIP LEXUS IS 300 2001-2005 GAS SAVER (item 230233104112 end time Mar-28-08 02:15:00 PDT)

i decided to read through it and it sounds like it might work i also looked on the feedback of the seller and found 3 people who have this for a is300 and and few for the is350 in the feedback they say it works great they can tell a horsepower/torque gain with no problums. but im still kinda suspicious it seems too good to be true... has anyone ever used one of theese chips or heard anything about them? if not i might just buy it and try for there 30 day satisfaction guarantee and let everyone know how it works.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think those are simply just a resistor in a empty black box (to look fancy)... In actuality you can get the same resistor at radioshack for <$5...
I could be wrong though... just remember reading it somewhere

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
there are no ECU chips or reflashes for the IS300 short of a SAFC or E-manage ultimate. Same goes for the 2nd gen IS.

·
13,727 Posts
I think they have those for every car. I would be weary of any "chip" off of ebay. Send me thirty dollars instead. I will send you a "powered by lexus" sticker guarenteed to add 10 hp!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Up to 100+ HP? If that's the case, there would be no need for turbos.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol i figured it was a scam :) well anway just wanted to check thanks all

·
Registered
649 Posts
hahahaha, yeah im runnin bout 15 beeps of boost with my simulator, got my custom 10inch interfooler, i run 11 flat 1/4 miles w/ the performance chip! SIKE, but foreal, i wouldnt trust gettin anything off ebay that goes into the engine of an IS, unless its like authentic brands and are proven to work.

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
Why do these threads still come up? Can you ask us what intake is best next week?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts