Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this isn't the same crap that looks like that should be from the Transformers movie.

HID XENON 01-05 LEXUS IS300 JDM BLACK HEAD LIGHTS LAMPS

I just wanted to see if you guys had any feedback. They look like ours just pre-painted I guess. I don't really care for the CCFLs. I just need a replacement for my hazy, pitted, screwed-up-painted head lights...

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
You get what you pay for.

Do yourself a favor and don't do it.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
is it me or does it say it comes with hids..i wonder if i can stick my factory one back in it

·
Registered
54 Posts
those seem like some knock offs to me, and there pretty ugly in my opinion

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
You get what you pay for.

Do yourself a favor and don't do it.
headlights are headlights as long as they fit like OEM it really doesn't matter... if we are talking about body kits or performance parts then yes you get what you pay for. but for headlights and taillights doesn't really matter at all.

·
Registered
75 Posts
IMO they look great and could be a good alternative to opening and altering our stockers. I just wonder if the light output is comparable to stock and if they are more prone to fogging up.

Back in my Integra days I went the knock off headlight route. I thought the knock offs looked better than oem. What I did was re-seal them before I even put them on just to be safe. I never had any fogging issues but I did notice that the light output was not up to par with the oem ones. Not sure how much of a difference it would make with our HID's though.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
headlights are headlights as long as they fit like OEM it really doesn't matter... if we are talking about body kits or performance parts then yes you get what you pay for. but for headlights and taillights doesn't really matter at all.
So I guess the stories about stuff fogging up, burning out and the cutoff lines being all f0cked up is just myths, my bad.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Anyone who replaces their stock IS headlights with those are retarted.

Why would anyone replace the stock housing headlights which were made to have proper lights distribution with those crappy units?

Putting those on your car would kill your light output and blind other drivers.

Your cutoff would go down the drain and your headlight pattern would look like aurora borealis.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
So I guess the stories about stuff fogging up, burning out and the cutoff lines being all f0cked up is just myths, my bad.
Even OEM headlights can fog up all headlights can fog up open them and reseal them its not that hard.

I baught none OEM Lexus Taillights for 200 off of ebay, looks exactly like OEM, I got them repainted black and they're perfectly fine for over a year. That's my story.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.