Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
13,727 Posts
Do a search for Ebay grilles, you will find other posts in which people are told to search. Kinda ironic huh?

My two cents: Try it out. For $60 you cant go wrong. I have heard people on here say that they liked the ebay grill, and others say that the fitament is off. I would check the feedback and see if anyone else has bought one and left any feedback on it.

That black IS with the grill on it and the horns painted red is dumb. If you do buy it look for the thread on how to relocate the horn. And again, if you do buy it take some pics and post them.

Attn Mods: How bout we start a "ebay" sticky? Its where people can buy stuff off of ebay and post their pics/thoughts and where they got it from for everyone else to see. Just a thought!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
i bought one. i got the grill than had to buy the altezza emblem seperatly. it was nice and fitment was ok.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have been looking into that T-style grill too. I have emailed some buyers on ebay that have bought that grill before and they all say the fitment was perfect and that they really liked the overall quality. You just have to drill the holes for the tabs, thats not a big deal though. I am prolly gunna pick one of these up soon

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
This is a ebay mod that is acceptable. Works for the most part and isn't butt rape pricing for jdmbullshit.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Is this the same person who said ebay is crap? Well I'll be.....
For things like safety, yes. I mean it's hard to fuck up some metal and plastic like a grill.

Though I wouldn't put it past them.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I bought some random as IS200 grill from aeroparts in Canada and I talked him down in the price. Got it for $59 shipped. It looks the same as the ones one there for like $100 and $200 from Japan. I should have posted a pic before I painted it today. I'll get one up later. Seems good though.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
The link in the first post is to one that looks extremely similar to what I bought.

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
It's no big deal especially if it's fiberglass. Just be careful when to drill the holes in the tab. I recently purchased a set of two curve eyelids from the same Ebay seller. Haven't received it yet bit it is on its way. This looks like a good deal. Best wishes.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
What was that about drilling holes for the tabs? You mean this grill doesnt come ready to go?
if you look at the description on some of them it will say that the holes need to be drilled. i bought one that said pre-drilled. i didnt paint it because i liked it black. the fitment is slightly off but that only affects putting it in. (thats what she said) but really once you get it in it lines up perfectly. just takes alittle tugging and moving around.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
I bought one for S's and G's, and it was actually really nice. It fit perfect. Ebay - like $40.

I'll try anything from ebay... If it sucks, I make it "special" and relist it on ebay for more money. Ya, I'm that guy.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
The grill I bought off eGay sucked ass. I'm hopping on the !Zar! train, stupid eGay!

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
For things like safety, yes. I mean it's hard to fuck up some metal and plastic like a grill.

Though I wouldn't put it past them.
Yea, but it's just as ricey as the fake CF shift knob. If you have fake CF on your car, it's rice. I don't care if toyota made it. It's crap. This is in regards to the fake Cf grille everyone buys. I can't tell i nthe pics if it is or not.

Apparently if that fake CF shift knob was a TRD piece, it would be okay by the masses. Please. If it ain't real, it ain't right.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts