Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, was checking out 6x9 speakers via ebay and came across these...http://cgi.ebay.com/6x9-speaker-ada...803426190QQcategoryZ14932QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
My question is has anybody tried these yet? from what i can see, considering we require 3/4 mdf spacers to fit aftermarket 6x9 in our rears, this could be an alternative solution, just have to buy 3 for each side and stack em since they are only 1/4" thick tho. Can anybody with experience of swapping out the rear 6x9 tell if they will fit?...i would buy them to test but am in no way close to changing out my stereo yet. Steve

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
I can tell you this, that IS NOT the bolt pattern of the factory rear speakers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just replaced my 6x9's this weekend, I used the same housing the original speakers were in.

I just dremelled out the bottom portion of the speaker & screwed the new speaker on top.

It saves you alot of time & money. (Providing that you already have a rotary tool.)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Actually, I just replaced mine (and my head unit) this week and I found that if you just turn the "by-Nines" slightly in the holes, you know kinda cock them in there, the holes in the speakers line up fine with the metal of the rear deck and you can just use short self tappers and screw them right in... saves time AND Money...

and no worrys, it doesn't rattle, buzz, humm, or produce any unwanted sounds whatsoever... and the original holes are still fine to reinstall the factory speakers later...

Just my .02

peace,
beefy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts