Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever worked with first state motorsports in delaware?

First State Motorsports, LLC.

they make a manifold for both the GE and GTE motor. not bad pricing either.

just wonderign is anyone has any experience with them.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
FSM are great guys, well known in Supra Forums. If you contact The Quickness from SF he knows them pretty well. I haven't heard anything bad about them at all.

Their intake manifold is identical to jugado's (?) manifold. The only difference, They utilize a bolt to lower runners system instead of welding. They also had Head Games flow test the manifold and it show 0 loss in airflow. IMO, you're better off taking the project into your own hands, it's fairly easy to make.

Go on SF and search for The Quickness thread on how to make a budget intake.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thansk for the info. im out of rep, but when i can...

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
+rep they're located like 10 minutes from me and I never knew they where there.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
LOL, I know you might hate to ask this person but hit Tsopranos I believe he has some sort of contact with them, not 100% sure.

If you look on clubna-t.com once in awhile there's a few guys selling them.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
great people....I met Josh and the guys from FSM in the past...never dealt with them though, but great looking products.....

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
great find mike.
799 for a custom intake manifold is really cheap.
this might be my next mod ;-)

Reactions: mikefate

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
799 is just the mani.

FSM Intake Manifold Kit 2JZ-GE/GTE
(1499.99 for Intake and the following)

Throttle Body
New Ford TPS
Throttle Body Gasket
Modified Toyota Throttle Cable
Custom Throttle Cable Adapter
Intake manifold Gaskets
All Stainless Hardware for EVERYTHING!!
Anodized Black Vaccum Distribution Block
Power Steering Relocation Fitting
Vaccum Fittings to connect to Vaccum block
Throttle Return Spring
Throttle Cable Stop
EGR Block Off Plates

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
799 is just the mani.
Exactly correct. $799 is just for the plenum, no runners, no tb, etc.

Really you can buy a blank plenum from Ross Machining for $50/ft you will need 2 feet since they only sell them in 1ft incriments (sp?). You can either bore the holes yourself or have a machine shop do it for you. I would say said and done you would probably spend less than 400.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FSmoto actually uses all the tubing and what not directly from ross, i spoke to them yesterday.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
FSmoto actually uses all the tubing and what not directly from ross, i spoke to them yesterday.
yup...its a good deal...top notch quality products and looks great too....

how much is SRT's in comparison to this, which complete as a kit is $1499.....would be a good side by side to see

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^we will find out, becuase im buying one this week. ill pos tpics and what not.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
yup...its a good deal...top notch quality products and looks great too....

how much is SRT's in comparison to this, which complete as a kit is $1499.....would be a good side by side to see
You really can't compare this intake to Mo's, it's peaches and apples. Mo's are full CNC with rails, cnc "stacks", runners, tb, etc. The work it takes to set up and program a CNC; from blueprint to the actual CNC data justifies the cost and means.

The FSM unit is definitely a great piece of work for the price but they aren't comparable. As I have stated before the FSM unit is known to work, tested and showed no turbulence and also O affect on airflow on a bare stock GE head.

·
Registered
30 Posts
did anyone put this on there car? im trying to figure out about the fittings of the VVTI and crap. the kit they sell is for the non vvti GE and im trying to figure out how to get a VVTI one to work. i have a shop near me that can build this for me for under 300bucks for the plenum.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
You should shorten the runners.
Just get one from Mo.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i have talked to josh at fsmoto, he says his manifold and tb bolt right up to the GE and fit in an is300 fine.

mo's is also proven to work and fit quite well. but sinc eits all CNC'd, his price tag is quite a bit heftier - and im not sure if mo stocks these on his shelves ready to ship or not?

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
i have talked to josh at fsmoto, he says his manifold and tb bolt right up to the GE and fit in an is300 fine.

mo's is also proven to work and fit quite well. but sinc eits all CNC'd, his price tag is quite a bit heftier - and im not sure if mo stocks these on his shelves ready to ship or not?
Josh's intake manifold is exactly like mine, same design and plenum. It will fit a GE VVTi but the only shit you get into is the tight clearance between the plenum and the strut tower.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts