Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2002 sportcross, with E shift and DSC, how can I find out if it has a LSD?, or is this standard on E shift cars?
Thx

·
Registered
53 Posts
The most fun way is to rev the engine and lay some rubber(brake stand/dump the clutch)dont know if sports come w/clutch??
If you have two lines you have lsd,if not you dont

·
Nygmatic
2,572 Posts
if you purchased the car, then look at the sticker. it will say LSD or not.

about laying down rubber, im not very sure if a torsen LSD will lay down rubber very well as the wheels never actually lock up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey buddy,
look in your driver side door sticker, it should be a 4 letter deal. If it ends with B then you have the LSD, if it ends with A, you don't.

My 2001 didn't come with one :cry: .
I found out cause i wanted to know what ST class i belong in.
FYI
A with LSD = STX
B w/o LSD = STS

enjoy
-Yang

·
Registered
305 Posts
sportcross's come standard...easiest way is powerbrake...brake and gas at the same time untill u hear tires spinning...u should have 2 tire marks ..

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
FaTBoYWidaFatLeX said:
sportcross's come standard...easiest way is powerbrake...brake and gas at the same time untill u hear tires spinning...u should have 2 tire marks ..
A more fun way is to take the car to gingerman raceway, (or one near you), and kick the tail out. I see cars that have no LSD and will lay rubber from two tires.

If you can do donuts forever, then you have an LSD.

Or you can just open the door and look for the second letter in the alphabet (YEA!?! :boring: )

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Inspar8r said:
If you can do donuts forever, then you have an LSD.
my friend can do donuts forever in his open-end car....

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
if its even marked donuts, something to think about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts