Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever seen the earliest IS3's imported? They had full cloth instead of the leather/Escaine combo, and they had uninspired 16-inch wheels. They did not look good at all.

Now, I am just trying to figure out two things. One is when were these cars imported? Also, did they have the same handling of '01's with the 5-spoke wheel and Escaine? Because I know that in Europe, the standard IS200 doesn't have sport-tuned suspension and so it handles more like an ES. It also has full cloth and small 16-inch wheels.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
MY '02 has full cloth interior, but it has the 17" 5 spoke wheels. It was originally sold by the dealer in May of '02.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
I have an early 01'.. I picked mine up July 3rd, 2000..... It was part of the First delivery IS300's to U.S.
It had the leather /escaine heated seats package, sunroof, LSD & the 17" Graphite Polished 5 spoke wheels with the POS Goodyear "Summer" Tires :pissed: ....
It was fully loaded..... The only thing i didn't get was the woodgrain switchblades for the doors, which i wouldn't have put in my car anyways...

You basically had to order the cloth seats and ask for the 16" wheels to be put on the car with all season tires... These came along the same time all the other IS's came over... It was the Option-Less IS300 :lol:
But there were people who wanted the IS that way I guess :boring: ...
or if that was an IS on the lot they probably got it for a good price...
Most of the cloth seats & 16" wheel packages, had No sunroof and No LSD..for 2001

Joe Z 8)

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Full cloth is a "base" IS300.
16" wheels with all-season tires are a no-cost option.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Took delivery June 30,2000. Millinum Silver Leather/escaine package, sunroof, 17s

The first run were pretty much all equiped pretty similar. To get the cloth seats you had to special order them when the car was BRAND new.

Joel

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
its ECSAINE

and err.... i think mine's 825th IS from the factory.
its purdy nice... and... does it qualify as 'early made' one?? :crazy:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Most of the cloth seats & 16" wheel packages, had No sunroof and No LSD..for 2001
actually only a very few number of 01's had the LSD. mine came "fully loaded" and the LSD wasnt even on the options list

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
early ISs came with a regular antenna.
newer ISs came with an antenna that has a wire wrapped around the antenna. mine is old. just turned 3.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Lex_Dymndz said:
early ISs came with a regular antenna.
newer ISs came with an antenna that has a wire wrapped around the antenna. mine is old. just turned 3.
That wire wrap is the spiral ridge that is around the antenna?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
yes. the older antennas were simply the base, a pole/ wire, and the tip.
no wire wrapped around the pole in a spiral manner.
those are OLD ISs

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Joe Z said:
You basically had to order the cloth seats and ask for the 16" wheels to be put on the car with all season tires...
Nope....I know when I got my IS, the dealership had three cloth interior IS 300s with 16 inch wheels. I asked if they were special ordered...they said no.

Joe Z said:
These came along the same time all the other IS's came over... It was the Option-Less IS300 :lol:
But there were people who wanted the IS that way I guess :boring: ...
or if that was an IS on the lot they probably got it for a good price...
Ok if you want to call cloth with out heated and power seats option-less :roll:
And yeah the offer I got for the cloth interior no one, planning on modding their car, would have passed up 8)

Joe Z said:
most of the cloth seats & 16" wheel packages, had No sunroof and No LSD..for 2001
Joe Z 8)
Most 2001's didnt come with LSD as an option, same as the navigation.
The sunroofs (in cloth interior) were half and half.....

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
ride quality is gone and suffering with excessive cabin noise
oh i did those things on purpose...
aftermarket coilovers and i/h/e

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Lex_Dymndz said:
i think its your mods...
i dont hear shit in mine :lol:

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
blueIS said:
Lex_Dymndz said:
i think its your mods...
i dont hear sh*t in mine :lol:
yeah i know. but its ok. its solid ride and its a nice but loud sound.

·
8,880 Posts
Back in 2000, 2001 Model IS had a base model with Cloth seats, No LSD, No moonroof.
Everything was an option, except Nav being N/A.
I special ordered 2001 IS 300 3 days after its release. It did have Leather/Ecsaine, Moonroof and LSD. The delivery took 1 1/2 months because there was a very limited number of IS300s with LSD produced.

·
11,061 Posts
1phatlexusincharlotte said:
For all you early IS owners:
What's the mileage on your cars? It's been 3 years, so who has the most miles?

I've got just under 28,400 miles as of this morning. Bought it on August 26, 2000. At this rate it's gonna last a LONG time!
I DO have LSD, but no moon roof. The dealer had gotten six in with all the trimmings EXCEPT the moon roof. He told me they were "errors". Worked for me. Didn't want the moon roof anyway.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts