Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a question/complaint about the m-mode on the E-shift. I thought that the Eshift was just like other cars tiptronic trans. but its quite different not like tiptronic at all. I thought that you had total control of the shifting. The fact is that my car doesnt shift instantly unless Im at wot or almost there and it downshifts by itself if Im cruising and suddenly just hit the gas all the way. One thing that it does do instantly is downshift. But I guess my question is whats the point of eshift???

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
E-Shift is just like every other auto-manual. it is just a differtn way to control the gears than the gate. What other vehicles have you driven that do not downshift when you tip is heavy at low RPM?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have drivven the audi a4 and a 3.2tl type-s. They downshift as you slow down. you cant pass 2nd gear from a stop but the gears change immediately at the tip of lever.

·
Registered
946 Posts
MyExLex said:
I got a question/complaint about the m-mode on the E-shift. I thought that the Eshift was just like other cars tiptronic trans. but its quite different not like tiptronic at all. I thought that you had total control of the shifting. The fact is that my car doesnt shift instantly unless Im at wot or almost there and it downshifts by itself if Im cruising and suddenly just hit the gas all the way. One thing that it does do instantly is downshift. But I guess my question is whats the point of eshift???
Mine shifts immediately up or down whenever I push the button. What year is yours? There were some issues with the 2001 and early 2002 models. There's a TSB and a free ECU fix for those.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its an 01 my lex is ..R.I.P but It happend to mine and my couzins both are 01's. I thought it was only mine but never took it to the dealer because then I drove my cousins and it was the same thing.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I'm not sure. I bought it used, but I have the records where it was done. There was also a problem with delayed shifting on the 1-2 and some on the 2-3 shift. I've read some other posts here about that.

·
Registered
214 Posts
is300sam2002 said:
I'm not sure. I bought it used, but I have the records where it was done. There was also a problem with delayed shifting on the 1-2 and some on the 2-3 shift. I've read some other posts here about that.
There is no 1-2 shift unless your talking about gateshifting. To kinda counter the delays, sometimes I'll let go of the gas pedal when shifting like in a manual. Otherwise I think it's time for a Teck Grounding Kit :wink:

·
Registered
946 Posts
shuggy said:
is300sam2002 said:
There is no 1-2 shift unless your talking about gateshifting. To kinda counter the delays, sometimes I'll let go of the gas pedal when shifting like in a manual. Otherwise I think it's time for a Teck Grounding Kit :wink:
I'm not having the problem. I was describing the symptoms for the user who asked. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
shuggy said:
is300sam2002 said:

A grounding kit??? shouldnt the car go to the dealer first... I heard it was a problem the 01's where having

·
Registered
251 Posts
Josh300 said:
Talk about raising the dead, did you guys notice that this thread was started back in December 2003!
haha...damn didn't notice that. anyway i am recently going through this problem right now. 2nd gear is shifting pretty harsh. It is delaying the shifting untill it reaches about 4-5rpm. If i go WOT then it wont shift until like 5-6rpms. i'm taking it to lexus this weekend to get my ecu reflashed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts