Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the E shift can you redline the gears after first gear? Or do they shift on there own?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Umm, thats what e-shift is sonny, if it didnt let you redline, then it would be a regular transmissoin. The thing i find dissapointing is you can't control first gear, just 2-5. I dont think you can redline first gear

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by SohJai:
so does the car start at first gear or second like automatics?
First gear...then it goes to second and from there you can play with it if you want to.

·
8,880 Posts
Originally posted by Brandon:
Umm, thats what e-shift is sonny, if it didnt let you redline, then it would be a regular transmissoin. The thing i find dissapointing is you can't control first gear, just 2-5. I dont think you can redline first gear
You can redline first gear if you put your car in "L". I did it yesterday. Hit the overrev limiter.

I too wish e-shift would control gears 1-5.
Better yet, hold the gear selected in "M" mode and work in "D" as it does in "M" right now.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Originally posted by vlad_a:
Better yet, hold the gear selected in "M" mode and work in "D" as it does in "M" right now.
Better yet...just get a manual transmission.

------------------
'01 Audi 225TTCQ - That'll do TT, ...that'll do.

·
8,880 Posts
Originally posted by QuikVR6:
Better yet...just get a manual transmission.

Wanted to. Couldn't wait...

The auto isn't that bad, but I still want more control. I found out that E-Shift downshifts automatically only after I picked up the car. Has its advantages, though. That's why I'd like to have it work both ways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts