Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the 1/4 mile difference in the e-shift vs. the 5spd manual?
If you know post it, otherwise post your own personal best 1/4 mile time and state whether you have e-shift or 5-spd

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
thanks 03

.... mokujin, i like to think its a bit of both

mokujin101 said:
O3 said:
IS300GTE's 1/4: 14.99 - 5 speed manual bone stock
thats a fucken good time, either that dude is a vicious driver or his IS was broken in mad good

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
there have been countless posts of peoples track times

its about 14.9 vs 15.2

a search will yield individual results and track conditions

-gte

thelex-IS said:
What is the 1/4 mile difference in the e-shift vs. the 5spd manual?
If you know post it, otherwise post your own personal best 1/4 mile time and state whether you have e-shift or 5-spd

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I ran 15.8 stock e-shift, but it was over 90 degrees outside. Installed the PLP SFI and knock off about .1 so right around 15.70. That seems like a good conservative number most anyone could achieve. I say this b/c I'm no professional drag racer coming out of the box. I'd like to shoot for 15.4 - 15.5 if I can get a good brake/throttle 2-foot going on and get a good lauch.

MT is definately faster though. I envy these people who actually paid less for their cars and get one that goes faster. What was I thinking when I decided I was tired of driving stick and bit the E-Shift bullet. Doh. :crazy:

Anyway, it's all practice I guess. I have a 99 ragtop corvette that's supposed to run mid 13s, but when I run it I'm lucky to get around 13.90. Another thing is that I always end up lining up against some hardass in a 20 year old car with no interior, a rollcage, and a parachute..... that always makes me a little nervous and I'd like to blame my shitty 1/4 mile times on that :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts