Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The computer actually does that for you already....you just don't really it.

Try do a hard acceleration and you'll notice it

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dude wrote
The computer actually does that for you already...

I think I remember reading about electronic throttle control on this car (or am I remembering the Audi brochure). Does the IS have this and if so does anyone know how it works. I have noticed that even with the key off, the accelerator pedal moves the throttle. I noticed this because I thought the cable looked loose at the throttle body so I was curious how much pedal movement was needed to take up the slack (turns out that it wasn't much).

Any insight??

Terry

·
Registered
67 Posts
I thought the IS has drive-by-wire throttle also. In that case, there wouldn't be any direct linkage between the pedal and the throttle. I know BMW 7 series has this, but not sure about other models.

·
Registered
626 Posts
IS 300 does have a drive by wire throttle. When I took my car in for the 1k check up the service rep advised me that was one of the reason I was feeling the hesitation somewhat.

I have no clue what the hell they are. In either case the car is fast enough for me.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
IS 300 does have a drive by wire throttle. When I took my car in for the 1k check up the service rep advised me that was one of the reason I was feeling the hesitation somewhat.
A drive-by-wire throttle is supposed to quicken response by removing the mechanical linkage. Sounds like a very poor rationalization from the service rep.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
387 Posts
Originally posted by webmaster:
A drive-by-wire throttle is supposed to quicken response by removing the mechanical linkage. Sounds like a very poor rationalization from the service rep.

I totally agree. I think the sales representive is trying to fool ISFAN. I think the real reason for hasitation is the transmittion searching gears, not the throttle.

·
Registered
626 Posts
That is what I thought. I either case, he said that I can not expect a response like a sports car and they could not duplicate the condition.

I will keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool. The reason I asked is because when I was test driving the IS, I was playing with the e-shift while the pedal was to the metal, and it jerked a bit when I upshifted. I've been a little afraid of doing it with my own car.

--k

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have also noticed when I am in the e-shift mode and really get on the gas, sometimes the car shifts by itself anyway.

There have also been times where I would get close to red line and then i would hit the button and the car would not shift, or delay for some time and I would have to let off the gas. You really need to be paying attention while in that mode.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts