Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i'm new. This is my first post on the forums. I bought my 01 is300 a few weeks ago, and so far i'm loving it. But i've been wanting to convert my e-shift steering wheel into a paddle shifting setup. I've searched on the forums for other posts about this topic but i've only found one post from about 11 years ago, with pictures that weren't loading and links to websites that don't exist. And i figured it would be better to post a new thread rather than revive a dead one.

Anyways, i had a few questions. Has anybody who is still on the forums done this themselves? Also, if anybody has a link to a how-to for doing this, i would appreciate it. I haven't been able to find anything.

Registered
Even tho the gear is short, I still don't understand why they made 1st mandatory auto...

Registered
There might be a different reason, but knowing Lexus, it's an extra safety precaution so you don't shift down there by accident at higher speeds. Because it's such a short gear, it doesn't take much to redline.

Registered
There might be a different reason, but knowing Lexus, it's an extra safety precaution so you don't shift down there by accident at higher speeds. Because it's such a short gear, it doesn't take much to redline.
I would have thought so too, but when you are at higher speeds the ecu locks you out of the lower gears anyways. I have a G35 coupe auto with select shift, and it allows holding each gear starting at first through 5th

Registered
Maybe it has something to do with the newer tech in the g35? The a650e trans and the tech surrounding it weren't even new when it was put in the IS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts