Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a paper i found while cleaing my room about 2 1/2 month ago when i got the times for my 0-30mph and 0-60mph and 0-90mph.

i only found my 0-30mph slip(no launching, just hit the gas):

0-30mph automatic: 3.67
0-30mph e-shift: 3.16

this proves e-shift is faster than automatic.

anyways i was wondering if you e-shift guys can time your 0-30mph and tell me what you got? am i a slow car, decent, or pretty fast for e-shift?

i will find the other 2 times, as i finish cleaning my room..its somewhere around here!

p.s. i also had full tank because i wrote it down to time it again later with half tank and everything BONE STOCK.

eric.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
uh...did u have someone time it with a stop watch or something? or did u go to a track?

stopwatch times are very inaccurate...u also have to factor in the reaction time for the person to hit the stop button...which could be .2 of a second?

if its track time, then i dunno :D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
TXLEXUS said:
Who has a SLIP to tell them how fast they were going being timed with a stopwatch. If he has a slip then im sure he went to the track. Who uses a stopwatch? :lol:
he said he wrote it down...so thats why im thinking that he used a stopwatch :lol:

·
Registered
428 Posts
heh, well stop watch would give you a rough idea, but nothing for .5 seconds is worth mentioning I dont think. Has anybody found out if e-shift if actually faster than just keeping it in D and gunning it off the line ? Personally, I cant really tell that either is quicker or not, but I have never been to the track yet.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
be_is300 said:
Has anybody found out if e-shift if actually faster than just keeping it in D and gunning it off the line ? Personally, I cant really tell that either is quicker or not, but I have never been to the track yet.
When I e-shift at the track doing the 1/4, from all my experiances thus far with it from April-November 2003, I've raced at least 100 times with the IS so far....

Keeping it in M, and launching it in 2nd at 2500 rpms, powerbreaking, and then shifting slightly over redline with the UP e-shift buttons, it will yield faster times then just leaving it in auto.......I dont care what anyone else says, some people always contradict me...but from my experiances, its true....my best time ever was a 15.3 @92 with my ltuned body kit, 18" rims, srt intake, xerd race pipe, hks draggerII exhaust.....and my trap speed indicates the car should be at 14.8-15.0 with better traction and launch.....

it all comes with plenty of practice practice practice.....its not all that easy....

just my $0.02

:chill:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
auto shifts at pre-determined RPM

e-shit let's you shift closer/at redline

if we make power closer to redline, e-shit is better.....

i've run better with e-shit, but it takes more practice (that's at the 0.25 track)

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
OUT2WIN said:
tsopranoMB why dont you take those heavy 18's off when you go to teh track...... u'll probobly get the 15.0 that your looking for.
:chill:
my 18's (ray's engineering versus campiantao ss7's) are lighter then the stock 17's newbie... :wink:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
oh wait.........i'm probably really late on asking this....

but the l-tuned wheels are made by rays?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.