Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm having a little problem now. when I put my car in e-shift mode. the little "M" is flashing and I can't e-shift.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem.

I can drive the car ok. And to let everyone know I'm running a 2001 Turbo Is300 without any management system (greddy- map-ecu) for ex.

so my car can boost ok. granted I'm not going far. but just want to know why the "M" is flashing....

Thanks for the input in advance.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 01sarina, will go and do that today. and I'll post my results afterwards

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
if cleaning doesnt work its broke getting a new one will fix your problem. Mine broke but i enver noticed a flashing M it would just start off in 3rd in emode and wouldnt downshift.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Do you have a CEL is so I'd pull the codes before doing anything else. I had the same issue and it was not the MAF.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
ur sig says srt 2.5, that comes with a haltech setup doesnt it. and if you arent running it, why not, how do you tune anything. I would be checking codes, then cleaning the maf, and beyond that, i would say if you have nothing for tuning, i would go with something for tuning, and see if you can correct the issue. also says in ur sig you have a greddy ultimate. i think you have something wrong there to tell you the truth

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok first off there is no cel codes....I double checked that.

And yeah I'm running a SRT stage 2.5 kit. Did not use the haltech, but went with the greddy emanage ultimate, and then the Map-ECU. Thought the Greddy EMU went bad so I switched to the MAP-ECU, but to hell with the MAP-ECU, cannot get that damned thing tuned. so I was going to go back to the Greddy emanage ultimate,(I think the harness was the bad point) but I noticed I was able to drive around ok with no managment system at all.

I'm using RC 440cc injectors but everything else is what ever came with the SRT kit.

But now I noticed when I start my car and put it in E-shift mode, I get nothing in the box, but a flashing "M" next to it. But like I said it drives ok, and boost fine.

I'm planning to put back the Greddy EMU, just need to know where to buy a New Boomslang PnP harness for a 2001 IS?

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
wow, you are running a ticking time bomb with no EMU, thus just a bad idea...:nono:

aside from that, there is likely an error with the DBW system which has thus disabled E-shift....

check all the wiring around the ThrottleBody....in the past, people have fried the wiring there which is right above the manifold/turbo area...;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tsopranoMB, thanks for the advice. I'm planning to put back the Greddy EMU, just looking for someone who is selling the Boomslang PNP Harness for an 01.

I will also check the wires around the TB. you might be right, since we were doing alot of work around that area.

·
5,811 Posts
Sorry to drag up an old post. But I have the same vehicle doing the same thing. Just a standard IS300 but same issue has arisen. What was the outcome of this?
If the car is totally stock. It would be the neutral selector switch or the auto shifter it not adjusted correctly. Other than that stuff. It could also be the clock spring in the steering wheel. You will need to do some testing. Just look in te factory manual online. You will find out how to check them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.