Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've tested the two and I've found E-shifting to be MUCH faster. It only takes .7 seconds to shift in E-Shift while the gate shifting can take as long as 1.7 seconds. You do lose the control over 1-2nd gear, but you gain the ability to shift faster. It is only really important if you need to go down to first a few times. The good thing is you can lock the car into 2nd, but for the most part the same happens with E-Shifting.

I'll test it out next weekend when I'll have a lot of runs.

·
Registered
416 Posts
christobol said:
I've tested the two and I've found E-shifting to be MUCH faster. It only takes .7 seconds to shift in E-Shift while the gate shifting can take as long as 1.7 seconds. You do lose the control over 1-2nd gear, but you gain the ability to shift faster. It is only really important if you need to go down to first a few times. The good thing is you can lock the car into 2nd, but for the most part the same happens with E-Shifting.

I'll test it out next weekend when I'll have a lot of runs.
He's talking about drag racing, as they invariably do...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Off-TRAC
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing