Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys
i found out that the e-shift on my is300 is not working.
I put the car into M it shows 5 on the speedo and when i click the DOWN it doesnt change the gears...
Is there a FUSE for the E-shift or something?
also my cruise control doesnt work as well and im worried because that is also on the steering wheel so i fear like the whole steering wheel electronics could be out.
but my horn works
I opened up the steering wheel removed airbag and everything seems to be in place.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should not have removed the airbag. I would start by checking all your cruse control modules and fuses.
yea i couldnt find the fuse for the cruise control nor the eshift

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone knows where the Fuse for the Eshift and the cruise is?
thanks

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
its NOT any fuse. its the spiral coil that provides power to everything in the steering wheel.

let me find the thread where i wasn't getting any power to my horn (since i don't have eshift or cruise control anymore, but those wouldn't have worked for me either) and how we fixed it, cuz i really don't want to have to describe it all over again.

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
okay, here's the thread. for me, it was about my horn not working. but, like i mentioned, it was the spiral coil not getting any power since i had removed my steering wheel.

(for you, you removed your airbag BECAUSE it was already not working. so not sure what caused it not to work in the first place. so, after all, it might be the fuse. check that first cuz its the easiest to check. if you replace the fuse and it still doesn't work then go through the steps in my thread. you can read from post #15 and on, especially post #23)

http://my.is/forums/f103/jdm-steering-wheel-horn-now-fixed-416151/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay, here's the thread. for me, it was about my horn not working. but, like i mentioned, it was the spiral coil not getting any power since i had removed my steering wheel.

(for you, you removed your airbag BECAUSE it was already not working. so not sure what caused it not to work in the first place. so, after all, it might be the fuse. check that first cuz its the easiest to check. if you replace the fuse and it still doesn't work then go through the steps in my thread. you can read from post #15 and on, especially post #23)

is it me or there is no fuse for that?? is there a fuse box i'm missing??? 2 in engine bay and 2 inside pas and driver side panels...?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I replaced the spiral cord and it's still the same way.... horn works the cruse and eshift doesnt :/
any other ideas

·
Registered
188 Posts
neither of the down buttons work? your going to have to find a electrical diagram for the e-shift and start tracking it and look for broken wires, youll have to use a DVOM (multimeter) to check. if the wiring is good, it may be switches or the ecu.

·
Registered
886 Posts
When I first bought my car, neither the cruise control or the eshift worked.

I eventually toasted my trans, had it rebuilt and once I plugged the trannys electrical connectors back in after installing the tranny, voilà both systems started working. For info's sake, the battery was disconnected at the time aswell.

It was a bit different for me though, I never had any gear numbers come up on the dash with the shifter in M mode.

I hunted for my problem for months, but never thought to disconnect and reconnect the trannys electrical connectors.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Im not good with electrical problems AT ALL. Im more of a mechanical guy. You might just need lexus to diagnose the issue, then tell us what it is. Then Im sure we could help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this thread is kind of old but I've got the same issue right now and I'm going to go out here and figure it out in the next couple of days so I'll post updates for those who didn't figure it out yet

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this thread is kind of old but I've got the same issue right now and I'm going to go out here and figure it out in the next couple of days so I'll post updates for those who didn't figure it out yet
Hey, I’m having the same issue I have a 2002 IS300 did you have any luck??

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Which fuses would it be? And my horn, and cruise control still works when I shift into M mode I see it Chang on my dash but it just says M not the gear number
Do not remember the right fuse. Just look in the manual or look at them all for the burnt one. Cruise,and horn are on different wires on the clock spring. Still need to inspect them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts