Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without any Force induction. Is it possible for a Is300 auto to break 15 in 1/4 mile ? With 2000 to spend .. What combo would you get? Let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,690 Posts
i'm pretty sure you could with an SRT intake, xerd header, and some exhaust. if tuned properly, breaking 15's shouldnt be a problem. someone chime in if i'm off... :roll:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
1,717 Posts
you can get into the mid 14's but that is about it in an auto but I think you will need to spend more then 2000 and a converter would be needed. along with what was listed above but I would go a rought with an intake with an S-afc as you have more control over tuning
 

·
Penetration Specialist
Joined
·
22,782 Posts
doublins ran a 14.7 with a SRT intake, Xerd Race Pipe, and Greddy Exhaust. He also had a 5 speed. You may break 15s but if will have to be one hell of a run.
 

·
Penetration Specialist
Joined
·
22,782 Posts
WhiteLex said:
Wino_II said:
WhiteLex said:
GTE ran 14.9 completely stock in 1/4 mile
timeslip?
I think he posted them before not sure if he did or did not.i"ll try and find them
That's a sick time if its true. Way to go GTE! I ran a freaking 15.2 with a SRT intake...then again it was my first time at the track EVER. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,094 Posts
His was also a manual though....chances of you breaking into the 14's are slim...you probably won't be able to do it. But your best bet it to buy a torque converter first of all.

Be prepared to be spending upwards to 3 grand just to break into the 14's...you'd be better off saving up for f/i at that point.
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
22,260 Posts
I know a few e-shifts who ran 15.3.
I think it can be done.

SRT intake, AFC, header, racepipe and exhaust. I think that'll do it.
but why spend 2k when you can spend 4.5 on an SC? and def break 15?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,458 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
I know a few e-shifts who ran 15.3.
I think it can be done.

SRT intake, AFC, header, racepipe and exhaust. I think that'll do it.
but why spend 2k when you can spend 4.5 on an SC? and def break 15?
Werd, true that. Boost all the way. Or if you're not planning on turbo or s/c, just add a 100 shot of n2o and you'd definitely be in low 14s easily without any other mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,749 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
I know a few e-shifts who ran 15.3.
I think it can be done.

SRT intake, AFC, header, racepipe and exhaust. I think that'll do it.
but why spend 2k when you can spend 4.5 on an SC? and def break 15?
In my Carlsbad 1/4 trip thread, I have my times.. My best one, 15.1
that was with:
Knock off PLP,
Pro1-Header,
XERD Race Pipe
Greddy Evo exhaust,
1/8 tank of 108 octane.
(no spare tire)
Dry Ice wrapped around my knock off PLP pipe.

**forgot to add, I'm a 2001 E-shift. I had the car in 4th and let the car shift. Power braking @ 2500 [Thanks for the advice TSoprano]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Here is my timeslip from last month. I had to do some funky scanning to get the contrast to work as the print was very light. I have an 01 auto with SRT intake, TQ Conv, xerd mid pipe, and L-tune exhaust. This was my best time and I had never been on a track before.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,524 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
SophieSleeps said:
I know a few e-shifts who ran 15.3.
I think it can be done.

SRT intake, AFC, header, racepipe and exhaust. I think that'll do it.
but why spend 2k when you can spend 4.5 on an SC? and def break 15?
In my Carlsbad 1/4 trip thread, I have my times.. My best one, 15.1
that was with:
Knock off PLP,
Pro1-Header,
XERD Race Pipe
Greddy Evo exhaust,
1/8 tank of 108 octane.
(no spare tire)
Dry Ice wrapped around my knock off PLP pipe.

**forgot to add, I'm a 2001 E-shift. I had the car in 4th and let the car shift. Power braking @ 2500 [Thanks for the advice TSoprano]
great time dude......ur welcome on the advice tips...

had a great run this past friday....in 55 degree weather..

ran a 15.40 @90.7 MPH

if I had better traction and a Torque Converter, I know I got a 14.9-15.0 run in there.....

and I just have SRT intake, Xerd pipe, and HKS Dragger exhaust....
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,883 Posts
My best has been 15.5 with and without my exhaust, w/wo 103 octane.

One time I raced Freelance at Moroso and beat him for the first 100 feet, that's only because he misshifted at the line, this was a long time ago. It will probably be the only time I'll ever have the chance to take off and be able to look back at him and think to myself, WTF? :lol: He of course caught up and whipped me! :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think a torque converter is one of my first choice torwards breaking 15's. I already have PLP SFI and XERD race pipe. I was wondering whereis a good place where i can get my torque converter done in LA? Anyone?
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
22,260 Posts
jiggafett said:
My best has been 15.5 with and without my exhaust, w/wo 103 octane.

One time I raced Freelance at Moroso and beat him for the first 100 feet, that's only because he misshifted at the line, this was a long time ago. It will probably be the only time I'll ever have the chance to take off and be able to look back at him and think to myself, WTF? :lol: He of course caught up and whipped me! :crazy:
i have news for you.
regardless of whether you run 103 or not, you're not gonna go any faster because of it.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,883 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
jiggafett said:
My best has been 15.5 with and without my exhaust, w/wo 103 octane.

One time I raced Freelance at Moroso and beat him for the first 100 feet, that's only because he misshifted at the line, this was a long time ago. It will probably be the only time I'll ever have the chance to take off and be able to look back at him and think to myself, WTF? :lol: He of course caught up and whipped me! :crazy:
i have news for you.
regardless of whether you run 103 or not, you're not gonna go any faster because of it.
I know that now, I just did it for shits and giggles, plus I had no gas left by the time we got to the track so I figured why not.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top