Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this has been covered before... but when you select 5th gear via e-shift mode and start driving from a standstill... does the transmission shift into 5th gear faster? Or... does it just shift up thru the gears at a normal pace?

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
If you leave it at 5M it will shift thru the gears normally. Unless you use the e-shft buttons to control the up-shift and down-shift.

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
I almost want to say it just goes through the normal gears....cause one day I was coming to a stop, and I put it over into M (and it started off in 5) I was going to down shift, but just end up braking to a dead stop. So when the light changed to green I drove off. The car shifted regular...when I got up to about 55-60mph, I noticed it was still in 5....

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
no clue.. but why would u do that anyways? It would probably shift quicker to get to the desired gear, but that means no high revving for you in the lower gears?

Good qsn though... waiting for a sensible answer wrt roadspeed and engine speed. :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Whether you leave it on auto or M5 it will shift like a normal automatic. You will not see the gears # change even on M5, You have to control the e-shift buttons to see the gears change.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Gray Rider said:
Whether you leave it on auto or M5 it will shift like a normal automatic. You will not see the gears # change even on M5, You have to control the e-shift buttons to see the gears change.
you hit it right on buddy..........the only way you can get it to 5th fast is doing it manually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts