Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my dyno video I was telling everyone about. There are 2 dyno sheets. One on 15lbs with 93 octane with my current set up, then one naturally aspirated, with L-tuned exhaust, you figure out which one is which. I edited the footage myself, but THE MAN, Randy (Freelance) helped put it up.
Enjoy,
Jerry

Here is the dyno run, bare w/ me the orgional file is a little messed up but you get the idea

www.turbois300.com/home/Jerry/Dyno Pull.wmv (RIGHT CLICK SAVE TARGET AS)

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Sweet bro. Man, you are all over this site today huh :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
damn those are some nice numbers, but it looks like there is more to be gained. Your AFR was only 11:1 or so, meaning you're running pretty rich.

If you leaned it out to about 12:1, you'd see a significant increase in power, along with better gas mileage.

BUT, I know Lance knows what the hell he's doing, so I'll shut up... :D

You got a DAMN nice car man!!

Kane

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Kanine21 said:
damn those are some nice numbers, but it looks like there is more to be gained. Your AFR was only 11:1 or so, meaning you're running pretty rich.

If you leaned it out to about 12:1, you'd see a significant increase in power, along with better gas mileage.

Kane
Kane he still has the stock 5spd, so Lance tuned it down to try and save it but we all know what will happen eventually..... 6spd anyone... :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Jerry and Freelance wasn't there a silver IS somewhere at the end of that vid 8) guess the 19 incher blew it away :lol:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JAman said:
Jerry and Freelance wasn't there a silver IS somewhere at the end of that vid 8) guess the 19 incher blew it away :lol:
I think there is...lol. Don't under estimate the sleeper!
:lol:
Jerry

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lilaznboi said:
what mods did u have for the n/a run?? those are nice numbers for NA.
5 speed and L-tuned exhaust only....I know I got a Wednesday car. Freelance, Steve, and Tony can vouch. It was the first IS00.net meet when I did that NA dyno.
Jerry

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I love those dyno vids. The sound of your car gets the adrenaline pumpin. Who's little girl is that? Cute. And wheres the hair bro?! Gotta throw that in the next video

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Hey man,
That is a sick ass car man. I love how you kept it nice and clean. Must be nice to have boost. Once again, Toyomoto has done a excellent job. I have one question. Where is your Haltech and MSD mounted?

~Chad

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mr who said:
I love those dyno vids. The sound of your car gets the adrenaline pumpin. Who's little girl is that? Cute. And wheres the hair bro?! Gotta throw that in the next video
That is Willy's little girl. The owner of Lujan where we dyno. Not my kid, I'm only 24 and my girlfriend just buried me. She said i spent too much time on my car and I never listen...I don't remember i wasn't paying attention.
:wink: The hair takes 2 hours to do, sorry man only for punk shows or work (Miami Heat games). I might do it for the IS300.net meet though.
Jerry

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aubie83 said:
Hey man,
That is a sick ass car man. I love how you kept it nice and clean. Must be nice to have boost. Once again, Toyomoto has done a excellent job. I have one question. Where is your Haltech and MSD mounted?
I'm afraid I can'y disclose that info.... Email Lance or give him a buzz (good luck on getting through)
Jerry

·
Registered
325 Posts
Freelance said:
Kanine21 said:

Kane
Kane he still has the stock 5spd, so Lance tuned it down to try and save it but we all know what will happen eventually..... 6spd anyone... :D
Just curious, why not turn the boost down and optimize AFR instead? And why such jagged dyno curves?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
trekster said:
Freelance said:
Kanine21 said:

Kane
Just curious, why not turn the boost down and optimize AFR instead? And why such jagged dyno curves?
I think my small TO4E is struggling with my racegate. That's why you see the jagged lines in my dyno. I also have a larger (2") wastegate pipe. I keep the boost capped at 15lbs. for fear of the tranny and clutch. I don't think it would optimize my AFR with my small turbo, I only let Lance tune my car. If you need to question Lance's tuning call Toyomoto, good luck on getting through.
Jerry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts