Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, fellow enthusiasts in the area.
There is a dyno shootout at Curry's Auto Center on 2/8/03. If you are local, I hope to see some of you there.

"IS300GTE", hey if you are reading this. Come to this event, dude, I want to check out your bad ride. Leaving that bickering behind, it will be awesome to have a strong IS300 representing the IS300 community here in the area.

http://www.currysauto.com/events.asp

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool!
Sounds like you have a bad ride there! You have to put that puppy on the dyno! :p I think some of Supra and 3SI crowds may be showing as well. Will they take the first place of 6 cylinder FI section? I know my car isn't up there to compete against these bad boys. I am sure some of highly modded IS300 may have a chance?

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
You might want to PM GTE, i don't think he checks this forum much if even at all.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
wow i had no idea about this event...i'm not far from Curry's, so I'm defintially gonna be there. Not really to compete, but to get a idea of my hp and watch the beasts go at it! thanks M Power for posting this!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, hope to see ya there!!!
I was told that some of NSXs are going to be there. It will be interesting to see who will win the N/A 6 cylinder class. New M3s do stand a good chance, but NSX is no joke either. It will be interesting to watch! :eek:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hey, i just got back from the Curry's Dyno shoot out! Awesome stuff!!! I was amazed that the red Supra with the T78 turbo and AEM stand alone FM only put down 550hp @30psi w/race gas. What the hell?! anyways, i think i saw you there M Power, did you dyno?
I didn't stay till the end, so if someone could post the results that'd be great. I know the Galant won the 4 cylinder turbo class with 420hp or something CRAZY like that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, Curry's shootout turned out to be a good meet. A lot of people showed up and some of them didn't get their chance to dyno their cars because of time contraints. People stayed until 9 pm to dyno their cars.

The Mustang dyno at Curry's usually put down a lot less hp reading than what you would expect from a normal dynoject reading. Stock Viper GTS put down only 370 last time. He got some more mods and put down more this time around though. So that red Supra is probably putting down more power if he put his on Dynojet.

Homerun217, I didn't dyno my car yet but my car put down 399 on their dyno when it was not tuned (still not tuned 100%). So I have a pretty good idea where I stand. :D

As for results, I think White Supra took the first plance in FI 6 cylinder class. N/A M5 (old generation) took N/A 6 cylinder. Galant took the FI 4 cylinder class. Not sure about N/A 4 cylinder class though. I didn't stay until the end so I was told of these results as well. If anyone else know more, let us know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts