Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is finally done the long anticipated dyno results of the Swift Racing Technologies High Flow Intake for the IS300.

The Average increase in Horsepower and Torque from 4000RPM to redline was approximately 9%. And you will notice the power increase in also throughout the entire powerband. The dyno got a lot smoother with less "peaks and dips". Also the throttle response was crisper.

Pictures of the intake are coming soon. Official release date will be 11/29/2000. With a limited time introductory price of $795.00 (this price includes ground shipping to the continental US). Regular price will be $995.00 +s/h. Since the product just went to production initial shipment will take about 2-3 weeks. So get your orders in quickly, shipment will be done in a first order basis.

To order call (301)384-7319 and ask for Muhammad.

The Dynos:

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
Swift Racing Technologies
www.swift-racing.com
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Swift Racing Technologies (edited November 22, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Swift Racing Technologies (edited November 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
291 Posts
I live in Wash DC and just purchased the new SRT High Flow intake (after a dissapointing experience with the RMM intake - engine light comes on and the intake is not as responsive as the SRT).

The SRT product is value-for-money, looks great and has that nice ooomph sound when you step on the gas...

The design is much better than the RMM - you're just paying for the RMM name.

SRT has been in the business of modding Lexus cars for quite a while now...

The'yre customer service center is open til' 10PM and later, so anyone with tech problems can call them for answers.

I recommend it!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yea. How could u possibly have it if there in production and taking orders on it. r u self promoting them and was srt's dyno spec. truely hooked up to an is300?

Whos' pullin whos' chain?

Originally posted by croddy:
How do you have it when it is not out yet or ready for shipping?

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can someone tell me that I'am reading the chart wrong. Tell me it does not dyno between 150-160hp to the rear wheels.

What is missing. Please, I just want to know..

·
Registered
291 Posts
My Altezza was the fabrication testbed and measurement platform for the SRT high-flow airintake 3 weeks ago.

Of course I got a discount on the intake...the final version was installed yesterday...and voila!

TRUST me . . . from a turbo Civic (AEM), Neuspeed sponsored G60 and VR6, SRT products are as good as gold.

SRT will be posting the latest pics, more specs and answers to your questions...

I'm just a happy customer with the first highflow intake in the East coast...

I had the U#395.00+ RMM intake 3 weeks ago...it was too lean and ECU was not configured well - hence, the check engine light and loss of power in 1/4 mile. Plus, the SRT intake comes with an aluminum heat shield...I had a 95 Sentra before with all RMM stuff. Sentra products were great but I suggest to have RMM do more research to their IS intake. The IS is a whole new ballgame.

Why don't we flame this topic so we can get a response from them and demand them to post their dyno results...

Remember, First-Movers in the industry are not always successful.

Anymore queries? ;-)

------------------
Jebzter
2001 IS300
Slvr/Blk/Carbon Fiber Interior/

·
Registered
486 Posts
What does this do to the warranty. I have asked this question a few times with no answer. Is this just a new air filter intake or a new intake manifold? I do not want to mess around with the mechanicals, should it be intalled by a mechanic?

·
Registered
548 Posts
IMHO, installing aftermarket intake+exhaust+suspension will NOT void the car's warranty. I'm not sure about the modified chip tough...

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From feed back from our GS customers, they say that the dealers have been very open to the intake mods and did not void the warranty.

Also note that by federal law car manufacturers cannot void warranty by the installation of aftermarket parts without justifying/proving that the aftermarket part was the cause of the failure of any component.

Also note that the similar Intake system was used by the Lexus Sponsored Team Lexus that raced in the Motorola cup without any problems at all.

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
www.swift-racing.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
no doubt, a 28% drivetrain loss is kind of hurting, even with the performance parts, it still lost 22.4%, which is still hurting, maybe the beta car was a factory lemon, or has something that needs fixing?
btw, 11rwhp is pretty damn good for $800, especially on a n/a car.

Originally posted by DJ:
IS there something wrong with the car? Why is it only putting down 155 rwhp?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was a bit disappointed with the base dyno of the car as well, but it is not too far off the GS400, which had a loss of 26%.

From my understanding the Lexus cars are made to very close tight tolerances and "loosen" up with time and are also know for some pretty bad DT losses. Our beta car only had 4K miles.

Current ETA for deliveries is 2-3 weeks. But we are accepting orders which will be filled on a first order first serve basis.

Here are the pics as promised:

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5: Close up look at our exclusive High Flow MAF housing that is CNC cut, the picture does not do it justice.

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
www.swift-racing.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I remember TurboIS or whoever had his car dynoed at 171 rwhp or something close that. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are some details of the HFI as many of you have been asking:

The HFI system for the IS300 is made from 3.5" mandrel bent pipe that is coated with a ceramic based high heat enamel, and heat treated to 600 degrees F. The MAF (mass air flow) sensor housing is CNC cut within 0.001" tolerances and is capable of flowing approximately 25% more air than the stock unit. The Heat shield is made from durable 5061 aluminum and is a single piece CNC cut and bent unit with absolutely no welds giving it a much nicer look and factory finish, it also bolts on to the factory screw holes using the factory bolts. We use high quality silicone hoses, same hoses used in our supercharger pipings. The system INCLUDES a piggy back ECU computer unit that optimizes the air/fuel ratios to maximum allowable safety standards and should easily pass all 50 states emmissions requirements. Our exclusive ECU is also the main reason as to why we can gain such dramatic differences with an intake system, and not trigger any "check engine" lights or generate any MIL codes. This ECU uses the same technology as our ECUs for our supercharger systems.

For mor questions please feel free to call us at 301-384-7319 or post them here.

------------------
Muhammad I. Choudhury
www.swift-racing.com
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
22 Participants
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing