Lexus IS Forum banner

Dyno numbers for a stick (top speed also)

909 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  IS300GTE 
#1 ·
i guess this is the first stick to get dynoed? if this is a duplicate post, i appologize....

here are dyno numbers for my bone stock stick, no mods yet, whatsoever.

here are my numbers, it looks as though the torque loss was 12%, and the hp loss was 14.5% if the stock flywheel hp numbers are correct.

here is a dyno top speed to verify also

here is the top speed for a stick, it is electronically limited, sorry for the blurriness, but people can associate their gauge clusters with where the other gauges are and get the general idea.

and for a good torque reading, i had to pull the spark plug cover off, so i got a pic of the vvti gear also.

now she starts getting modified!!!!

See less See more
Discussion starter · #2 ·
oh, i also have video of the wideband o2 sensor that we had on the car, during the run.

the way the hp is being increased by the computers, and black boxes, is that fuel is being taken out. in the higher rpms, under full throttle, the a/f ratio was around 12.1 to 12.2 .

Discussion starter · #6 ·
there is no way to guess at what the crank hp is, and be completely accurate, the best thing to do is to use industry standard plugins for the equation.

adding 15% for driveline loss, equates to about 217hp and 227 pound feet of torque. the hp is pretty close, and could possibly go up when my motor has more miles on it?

either way, it is just a baseline, take it with a grain of salt.

the top speed was 143.

suprisingly, the autos are making 160 something to the wheels for torque and horsepower. thats around a 25% loss, give or take, which is crazy high.

Originally posted by ckolsen:
Can someone explain what this means? Since you don't know the drivetrain loss, you don't know the crank horsepower right? So we don't know if it's more or less than Lexus' official numbers? How does it compare to the automatic at the wheels?
What was the top speed?

Discussion starter · #10 ·
12% loss would be if the factory flywheel torque numbers are correct, and 14.5% loss would be if the factory flywheel horsepower numbers are correct.

the stick makes a good bit more power to the wheels, then the auto, as for flywheel, it should be the same, it is just that the manual trans is much more efficient in terms of power loss, then the auto is.

Originally posted by Jordo:
soo which has more power.. stick or auto?

12percent lose where?
Jordo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.