Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
That kicks azz....that swiveling thing too.

I'm betting this post is gonna cause a lot of commotion among the IS owners tomorrow. =)

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
How do you protect it from theft?

·
Registered
666 Posts
does the screen flip up and down, so it's not always in you driver's vision??

Also is the screen removable?

Look like I gotta start saving money!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's really cool...

Where is the DVD drive unit? Does $2630 include the GPS system? What about audio? Do you get DD5.1 in the car?

·
Registered
594 Posts
From the pics,I think the DVD drive (2nd pic from top) is attached to the top of the trunk between the undersides of the rear speakers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is also where I have seen some stock DVD nav locations (acuras specifically)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
It looks nice, but the one that they offer in the European model (which I happened to check out) was better. It's a pop up Nav system, and there's a remote on the console by the cupholders. So it's easy to use too.
This one might feel odd after a while.
Good luck with it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yeah, I gotta believe a popup NAV system would hide the fact that you have $2k + worth of NAV equipment in your car. I sure hope you got a shock sensor alarm to go with it...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by hasanazhar:
...in the European model ... there's a remote on the console by the cupholders. So it's easy to use too. This one might feel odd after a while.
You mean one of these?
(BTW, it is NOT mounted there. I just took a picture close by where I keep it)

[This message has been edited by Silver IS 300 (edited September 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by hasanazhar:
...but the one that they offer in the European model (which I happened to check out) was better. It's a pop up Nav system...

Besides it being a pop-up, I didn't consider them any better. And yes, I'd like a pop-up but the screen much smaller and I can't change the angle on it if I want to. Besides, you can't hook up a movie player on them nor can you take it with you if I sell the car later.

Also, Alpine OEM's the software to most car manufacturers. (Acura, BMW, MB, Jaguar, Porsche and others including Lexus. Yes, Lexus!) They just customize the screen or modify them for each particular manufacturer.

You don't expect them to build their own, would you? Why reinvent the wheel. Look at the car audio (It is Fujitsu-Ten or Nakamichi).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by SpectraBlueIS300:
...I sure hope you got a shock sensor alarm to go with it...
How about a proximity zone alarm with a pager? I am thinking of getting one of this but still looking around. Besides, it only takes a couple of seconds to remove the screen.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I like the display on yours. I would also be worried about theft, though. Do they make a pop up nav that could fit in the IS. Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi SilverIS, I saw your car when it went in for service at Bellevue! Its really nice, can it play dvds? or is it just the nav? Hopefully i will have a similar setup soon, just collectin money right now!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by is300pat:
Hi SilverIS, I saw your car when it went in for service at Bellevue! Its really nice, can it play dvds? or is it just the nav? Hopefully i will have a similar setup soon, just collectin money right now!
The DVD Drive is only for the Navigation. The monitor comes with an interface box has video and audio inputs so you can plug in a video source.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Your nav system looks sweet but it looks like any easy target. My friends car was broken into and the aftermarket stereo was stolen. My car was parked just across from hers and nothing happened to it. theives are going to try to get the aftermarket stuff b/c they can't do anything with the stock stuff. I definitely hope that nothing happens cause that would be really chitty. Definitely looks very niiice, though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts