Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get the dvd player that with a push of the button slides out of the dash, also is it possible to get the dvd and keep our 6 disc changer in the process? and last, where can i get the best prices on these items? 8)

·
8,803 Posts
I assume you mean a tray load player? If so, i dont know of any that just fit in the dash, you would have to get a hideaway unit with a tray load, and take it apart to mod it. Someone did a PS2 in the dash under the ac controlls. It is just the tray part ( he took the PS2 apart ).

Might be a bad idea though, its alot easier to break the tray mechanism being in the dash.....

My firt car (87 acura legend) had a sony cd/tape combo (aftermarket) and the tape loaded in via a tray. You hit eject and the whole tray would come out, and you load in the tape ( kinda like the old top load VCR's). Needless to say, i NEVER used it even once.

·
Registered
947 Posts
that was me with the ps2. it is cool but a sh*t load of work. also it will not work with the shifter in 1st 3rd or 5th. until i get teh short shifter. tray comes out to far. as far as getting a dvd and keeping you 6 disk the best thing is puting the dvd in the glove box or trunk. unless you have a lot of money to spend on custom work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts