Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I'm correct this is going to be a new feautre for the 2002 models. Does anyone know what the additional cost for this might be?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
This is what I'd like to know, too. I'd like to obtain a DVD/NAV system at a later date for my 2001 model.

Scott.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Forget about retrofits. Either buy it or dump your deck and add an aftermarket like Alpine. You won't be able to do a retrofit.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yeah, I think Brad is right -

The 2002 models will likely have a different wiring harness to support the new DVD/NAV option.

There are lots of 3rd party / aftermarket NAV systems you _can_ add to a 2001 IS300.

Now here is a real question:
If you buy a 2002 IS300 _without_ NAV will the dealerships be able to add the factory NAV to _those_ cars, or is it something that has to be ordered from the factory before the car is produced???

·
13,978 Posts
Originally posted by GOTTURBO:
the alpine runs for about $2800 installed.
where where where??? please let me know. everwhere i've been in northern cali i've got a quote for $3000+ for the alpine dvd nav system!

·
Registered
344 Posts
You can even go to Circuit City and get the same $2800 price. But, I can't remember if this is the one that runs off the DVD or CD.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The GoodGuys had the Alpine DVD version of NAV for I think $2700 including installation, however I don't know if I can trust their skill. I know a place called California Mobile Sound in Brea that will charge $2800 or so for the CD-rom version of the NAV + a set of Clifford Concept 400. Kind of high cost, but their installers are one of the best around here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts